Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

IPod Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

well i visited Moss yesterday morning to purchase the Brandmotion adapter. Unfortunately, they are on back order and not expected to arrive till the middle of Jan. I guess i can either wait it out or cancel my order and find another vendor that has it in stock so i can install over the holidays. Backorders suck @$$!.... lol.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

well i canceled my order for the Brandmotion ipod adapter from Moss and ended up purchasing the iSimple "ISFD73" model from Best Buy in person after some research and assurance that this particular part number would work best for my 06 mustang with shaker500 6 disc mp3. A few years ago, I had the first Peripheral that allowed any auxillary device to be connected with a 3.5mm plug. forgot the model (PXD2? something) and was in a green translucent casing. it worked great, when it worked, but effed up my computer in the end and found out that it was being recalled. since then, i've been using an Audiovox FM modulator to hear my ipod tunes and its been doing the job. its not perfect but MUCH MUCH better than those crappy little fm transmitters. Anyways, i installed Peripheral's "iSimple ISFD73" last night into my stang and it works pretty sweet so far. i'm taking this with a grain of salt however since i've had the Peripheral nightmare in the past but i'll give it a month or so and see if i'm error free. i'm really hoping this is the winner. its pretty cool that i can control my ipod through the HU even though its not nearly as smooth as the ipod itself. overall its better and safer to control the HU rather than the ipod itself while driving. i plan on installing the modulator into my ranger over the weekend so at least i can play my ipod in my DD vehicle. anyone with the iSimple adapter, please post with your review thus far. this could be VERY helpful for me and others. i'll post back myself with my review after i give this adapter some good usage.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:20 AM
rixstang

I had the iSimple and it was iJunk just like the older models. Took around 2 months to start messing up my electrical system (warning lights and dashboard problems). Unplugged it and all my problems went away. Best Buy didn't want to take it back as it was past the return policy but I ended up speaking to a manager and they gave me in store credit. I now have a Kenwood bluetooth and ipod combination after market stereo. Not the easiest to control but gives me hands free phone and iPod controls in one stereo.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:22 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

hey rix, would you happen to know which model of iSimple you had? from what i researched, there was an issue about which exact model number was actually compatible with the 05+mustang. the model i purchased was the "ISFD73". thanks.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Moss Muscle
Former Sponsor

Sancho805! Not only do you come up to Moss and not say whats' up; you cancel your B.O.! K'mon dude!!!
Jk no worries, yeah I agree. I do not like waiting for something when I wanted it yesterday. But sounds like it's working out good.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MossMustang
Sancho805! Not only do you come up to Moss and not say whats' up; you cancel your B.O.! K'mon dude!!!
Jk no worries, yeah I agree. I do not like waiting for something when I wanted it yesterday. But sounds like it's working out good.
yo david, well i did ask for you but you weren't there. i went about three weeks ago on a sat morning. yeah, sorry dude... i guess i didn't have the patience to wait out the back order. i got JBA headers on my mod list so i'm hoping to get em after tax return through you guys. i guess i don't deserve any forum discount after cancelling my back order.... lol. oh well, you guys are still better customer service than other mustang parts distributors in the L.A. area i've been to.

BTW.... cool neighbor you got right across from your front entrance! dude was showing me and my bro his BBQ turkey he was cooking up while pounding a brew.... lol. awesome!

Last edited by Sancho805; 01-02-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Moss Muscle
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sancho805

BTW.... cool neighbor you got right across from your front entrance! dude was showing me and my bro his BBQ turkey he was cooking up while pounding a brew.... lol. awesome!
Hahaha the beer garden?! haha Yeah those characters are pretty hilarious. Did the chihuahua hump the leg? If not, you didn't get the full experience!
Old 01-05-2009, 12:28 PM
MR305
1st Gear Member

I use the ford auxiliary input adapter FRD04-AUX .. cost me $45 from local ford dealer.. works perfect..
Old 01-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

maybe on my next trip i'll get to "meet" the dog... haha. "Beer Garden"... classic!!
Old 01-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MR305
I use the ford auxiliary input adapter FRD04-AUX .. cost me $45 from local ford dealer.. works perfect..
is that a digital line-in adapter or the FM modulator where you have to set your stereo on a specific radio station? (88.7, 88.9, etc.)

Quick Reply: IPod Question