MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   IPod Question (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/504543-ipod-question.html)

stangthang824 12-16-2008 08:23 AM

IPod Question

I have a 2007. It already has an Ipod jack in the center console. I just went to try to hook it up and I can't make it work. I have the FM transmitter which hooks directly into the jack and the car adapter which connects USB to the Ipod, I set my radio station to one of the four listed on the transmitter (I actually tried all four), and still no sound. What am I doing wrong?

o7 tungsten 12-16-2008 12:51 PM

i normaly use an auxiliary cord and that works perfect. i just plug into the center console and press the aux button and it's on. no need to set to different fm stations. might want to give that a try maybe it will work for you.

Texcan 12-16-2008 01:27 PM

Not sure about the FM transmitter. But like o7 tungsten said use a double ended headphone jack on your Ipod to the jack in the center console and hit the AUX button till it says AUX 1 then it works great.

MlissaG 12-16-2008 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by o7 tungsten (Post 5754625)
i normaly use an auxiliary cord and that works perfect. i just plug into the center console and press the aux button and it's on. no need to set to different fm stations. might want to give that a try maybe it will work for you.

This is exactly what I do and it works every time.

157dB 12-16-2008 04:22 PM

You dont hook the input of the FM adapter
into the jack in the center console.
You hook the audio output of the iPod to the
jack in the center console with a 3.5mm plug to
3.5mm plug adapter cable. Then hit the
AUX button on the radio and jam on.
No FM adapter needed.

mustangfan410 12-17-2008 08:53 AM

^ exactly, the wire is like $5 from radio shack.

ricekiller06 12-18-2008 12:22 AM

what about the 06's????
i have an aux button but no stock plug in for a double male ended cord
what options do i have to make my stock shaker500 deck work with my ipod

sorry if this question hijacks your thread a bit, but i had to ask

157dB 12-18-2008 10:24 AM

Search BrandMotion for iPod adapters.
mossmustang sells them.

Sancho805 12-19-2008 07:39 PM

whats the word on the Brandmotion ipod adapter? does it work well? i used to have a Peripheral that made my computer go haywire. I was gonna visit Moss this weekend and i might pick one up.

157dB 12-20-2008 11:06 AM

:eek:

Originally Posted by Sancho805 (Post 5766666)
whats the word on the Brandmotion ipod adapter? does it work well? i used to have a Peripheral that made my computer go haywire. I was gonna visit Moss this weekend and i might pick one up.

Peripherals were notorious for forking up.
BrandMotion took a whole new approach
to the iPod intergration method and their
firmware is much better than Peripheral.
Plus www.mossmuscle.com has a great
return policy if it does quit working for
some reason. :eek::rolleyes:

Sancho805 12-21-2008 10:05 AM

well i visited Moss yesterday morning to purchase the Brandmotion adapter. Unfortunately, they are on back order and not expected to arrive till the middle of Jan. I guess i can either wait it out or cancel my order and find another vendor that has it in stock so i can install over the holidays. Backorders suck @$$!.... lol.

Sancho805 12-30-2008 03:31 PM

well i canceled my order for the Brandmotion ipod adapter from Moss and ended up purchasing the iSimple "ISFD73" model from Best Buy in person after some research and assurance that this particular part number would work best for my 06 mustang with shaker500 6 disc mp3. A few years ago, I had the first Peripheral that allowed any auxillary device to be connected with a 3.5mm plug. forgot the model (PXD2? something) and was in a green translucent casing. it worked great, when it worked, but effed up my computer in the end and found out that it was being recalled. since then, i've been using an Audiovox FM modulator to hear my ipod tunes and its been doing the job. its not perfect but MUCH MUCH better than those crappy little fm transmitters. Anyways, i installed Peripheral's "iSimple ISFD73" last night into my stang and it works pretty sweet so far. i'm taking this with a grain of salt however since i've had the Peripheral nightmare in the past but i'll give it a month or so and see if i'm error free. i'm really hoping this is the winner. its pretty cool that i can control my ipod through the HU even though its not nearly as smooth as the ipod itself. overall its better and safer to control the HU rather than the ipod itself while driving. i plan on installing the modulator into my ranger over the weekend so at least i can play my ipod in my DD vehicle. anyone with the iSimple adapter, please post with your review thus far. this could be VERY helpful for me and others. i'll post back myself with my review after i give this adapter some good usage.

rixstang 12-31-2008 08:20 AM

I had the iSimple and it was iJunk just like the older models. Took around 2 months to start messing up my electrical system (warning lights and dashboard problems). Unplugged it and all my problems went away. Best Buy didn't want to take it back as it was past the return policy but I ended up speaking to a manager and they gave me in store credit. I now have a Kenwood bluetooth and ipod combination after market stereo. Not the easiest to control but gives me hands free phone and iPod controls in one stereo.

Sancho805 12-31-2008 11:22 AM

hey rix, would you happen to know which model of iSimple you had? from what i researched, there was an issue about which exact model number was actually compatible with the 05+mustang. the model i purchased was the "ISFD73". thanks.

Moss Muscle 01-02-2009 04:53 PM

Sancho805! Not only do you come up to Moss and not say whats' up; you cancel your B.O.! K'mon dude!!!
Jk no worries, yeah I agree. I do not like waiting for something when I wanted it yesterday. But sounds like it's working out good.

Sancho805 01-02-2009 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by MossMustang (Post 5804697)
Sancho805! Not only do you come up to Moss and not say whats' up; you cancel your B.O.! K'mon dude!!!
Jk no worries, yeah I agree. I do not like waiting for something when I wanted it yesterday. But sounds like it's working out good.

yo david, well i did ask for you but you weren't there. i went about three weeks ago on a sat morning. yeah, sorry dude... i guess i didn't have the patience to wait out the back order. i got JBA headers on my mod list so i'm hoping to get em after tax return through you guys. i guess i don't deserve any forum discount after cancelling my back order.... lol. oh well, you guys are still better customer service than other mustang parts distributors in the L.A. area i've been to.

BTW.... cool neighbor you got right across from your front entrance! dude was showing me and my bro his BBQ turkey he was cooking up while pounding a brew.... lol. awesome!

Moss Muscle 01-05-2009 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sancho805

BTW.... cool neighbor you got right across from your front entrance! dude was showing me and my bro his BBQ turkey he was cooking up while pounding a brew.... lol. awesome!

Hahaha :D the beer garden?! haha Yeah those characters are pretty hilarious. Did the chihuahua hump the leg? If not, you didn't get the full experience!

MR305 01-05-2009 12:28 PM

I use the ford auxiliary input adapter FRD04-AUX .. cost me $45 from local ford dealer.. works perfect..

Sancho805 01-05-2009 12:28 PM

maybe on my next trip i'll get to "meet" the dog... haha. "Beer Garden"... classic!!

Sancho805 01-05-2009 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by MR305 (Post 5812725)
I use the ford auxiliary input adapter FRD04-AUX .. cost me $45 from local ford dealer.. works perfect..

is that a digital line-in adapter or the FM modulator where you have to set your stereo on a specific radio station? (88.7, 88.9, etc.)

MR305 01-05-2009 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sancho805 (Post 5812741)
...or the FM modulator where you have to set your stereo on a specific radio station? (88.7, 88.9, etc.)

correct.. it goes connected to the radio antenna... you have to set it up to any of thous 2 radio stations... is no the best quality but it does the job..

Sancho805 01-05-2009 01:04 PM

ur right. it does do the job and is MUCH better than those crappy wireless fm transmitters. i just recently had the Audiovox fm modulator in my stang before i installed the iSimple. i'll be transferring the modulator into my ranger sometime this week.

GTCritter 02-28-2009 05:22 PM

since this thread is a bit dead, i figured i'd mention that my aux jack in the armrest isn't working. brand new car too. took it to ford this morning, they have to order a new one and just hope it works, or else they'll have to start getting into the wiring and head unit. can't get anything to play through the jack on any setting. tried two different cables and three different music devices. anyone else have a problem with the jack?