Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Exhaust Setup???

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 10:57 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Default Exhaust Setup???

I have 1 final question. This is a big one for me.

For a little background. I have a 2005 Black Manual V6. I've decided on a Cervinis C-Series Front Fascia and either:

-Street Scene Side Skirts and Street Scene Rear Valence

or

-Cervinis Side Exhaust

Im going to go ahead and order the front. I'm going to save up a little longer on the exhaust issue. I'm still getting the front and I'll just delay putting it on.

Question is:

Should I...

a) Go the Street Scene route and go with dual boomtubes and an H-Pipe. Not sure on this one yet. I really have no clue about exhaust. I know I like the sound of the boomtubes but I don't have a clue about the X-Pipes and H-Pipes. I mean, I know the obvious part but...

b) Go with the Cervinis V6 Side Exhaust.

I want to get opinions/comparisons on each of the following:

-Looks
-Sound
-Practicality

I'm looking for a deep, agressive, rumble. Nothing raspy or like ricer loud.

Each of these categories is equally important.

For looks, actually check it out. I understand that side exhaust is awesome but please go into this with an open mind and actually check both of them out. For pics of the Street Scene setup, check out SaddleUp's page here: https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...-mustangs.html. And then I'm sure everyone knows how to find some side exhaust pics.

I know, this is tough, and I'm asking a lot, but if ya'll could compare and give opinions that would be great.

Thanks,

HT

This is the last issue. After this it's on to buying time and install time.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:04 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Ok I will be the first on this I guess..... I am biased as I have the side exhaust. It is loud and has deep rumble and even with a V6 you cant go wrong in the sound category. I think it would be what you like to hear when WOT passing someone or racing at the track. Not many V6'ers have done it as the exhaust is just too low and you will hit, scrape, and possibly damage the exhaust if you go with Cervinis.

I have to map out where I go and know a lay of the land before I head out (say to a car show). Not sure about where you live but here in MI we have many steep driveways and speed bumps (also potholes) and normal low curbs and high curbs thanks to the engineers in the 50's-60's or older. All of the design at plazas and suburbs was designed to divert all forms of water away from the foundation of homes and businesses and make the run off go to a drain or sewer to be carried away from our sight. They nailed that down and could care less what the future held at Cervinis and Roush 40-50 yrs from then and the low profile cars with low side exhaust tips are almost a thing of the past.

Notice how even Cervinis came out with the Stalker kit (no side exhaust)? I feel it is mostly due to the fact they the side exhausts though sweet as hell just don't sell unless you have a show vehicle that is pampered or trailered to its next location. Am I saying that it cant be done? Hell NO! as if there is a will there is a way and I have been doing it now for my 3rd year without any issues. How was this accomplished you might ask? Careful planning and sacrifice on my part as I cant even turn the car into my parents driveway without fear of hitting something. Low gradual angle but the first 4 inches make the curb and it is just too steep to make it without hitting something on the underbelly which the lowest point of the side exhaust is the exhaust tip and where it is attached to the piping right at the frame rail on either side.

The Street scene rear valance that Shella has proves that the 2 kits mate well and have a great effect on the functionality and looks of the setup. You can use so many other mufflers to get the sound you will love without being limited in any way unlike the Cervinis which you get what you get which is the magnaflow magnapacks or the pypes strait thru mufflers (which look, function, and sound very similar). I can send a sound file of mine (magnapacks) and another member that has the pypes version. Virtually identical!

You will lose a level of options if you go with the Cervinis setup.This will not happen with the Street Scene...... JMO and hope it helps....
Old 12-22-2008, 10:50 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Well my car is far from a show car, and I was considering the side exhausts but I just couldnt have them for legal concerns, the pigs suck around here. Also there were no sound clips so I had never heard them, but now I know they sound pretty sweet. Another thing was clearence, especially when I had planed on lowering the car. but the Cervini Front with some side skirts that keep that level and a rear bumper to match, you cant go wrong
Old 12-22-2008, 10:51 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the response. So, overall, you would recommend?
Old 12-22-2008, 11:24 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Legal concerns? What is illegal about side exhaust?
Old 12-26-2008, 01:39 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Nothing is illegal about side exhaust......regardless if it goes out the side or the back if you have LT headers or no CATS and need to be emissions legal in your state you might fail making it illegal and a fine (if not corrected) will follow.