Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Camber Bolts or Camber Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 11:07 PM
OhioUSMC1
1st Gear Member

Default Camber Bolts or Camber Kit?

I just got ford racing lowering springs and i am trying to ascertain if camber bolts would be sufficient enough to correct any offset suspension geometry since I am not racing or anything just using my car as a daily driver or do I really need to get a full Camber Kit. Any help appreciated!

Thanks
Old 12-22-2008, 03:08 AM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

I believe so, you should be fine with just the camber bolts.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

No matter what else you need to do (or not do), be sure to get the toe reset. Any change in camber even if it stays within spec will still push the toe away from its setting, and inside shoulder wear on front tires is more sensitive to bad toe than it is to bad camber.

(This is really a question for the S197 Handling section, I only noticed it by accident.)

Norm
Old 12-26-2008, 10:24 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

I just lowered my Mustang about 1" up front, and the camber went from about 0.8* to 1.4*. I plan on using camber bolts to adjust it back into spec (which is 0.75* +/- 0.50*).
Old 12-27-2008, 12:02 AM
kn0x`
2nd Gear Member

I just lowered my mustang and I used the camber bolts. they worked great and didnt have to spend another 250 on camber plates.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:06 AM
OhioUSMC1
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the help guys. My whole setup is GT struts and shocks, FRRP lowering springs, GT front and rear swaybars, poly bushings all around (to include front control arms, UMI upper and lower rear control arms, and now soon to be camber bolts. This a budget setup I got for a whopping total of 300.00 and to tell you the truth so far a tremendous improvement over stock, just perfect for back road burning, but not much more than that I suppose. When I get back from Afghanistan I'll post some pics for everyone.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:53 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by OhioUSMC1
Thanks for the help guys. My whole setup is GT struts and shocks, FRRP lowering springs, GT front and rear swaybars, poly bushings all around (to include front control arms, UMI upper and lower rear control arms, and now soon to be camber bolts.
Everything sounds good except the GT struts and shocks.
Those are not correct for the lighter in the front V6.
I would expect the weight transfer to be off.
I would not expect them to last long with the lowering springs.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:03 PM
OhioUSMC1
1st Gear Member

the lowering springs are for a gt too. i bought them to go with the gt struts and shocks. that is what the ford dealership told me would be best so everything went together. i did ask that same question too about the front end being lighter in a v6 but they said it would be best to use gt parts all around if i was using any gt parts for the suspension for anything. it does drive a lot better so i would think they were right.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:24 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

you did fine Sean. some member here get caught up in the book rather than actual application and use. only you knows how it handles and if it feels better that's is what matters. i myself had the ultra lites on my car before i installed my progress adjustable kit. but then again it retails for 1400 bucks so its kind of spendy for most. my springs were for the gt as they did not make differant ones back in 05 when i lowered my car and my shocks and struts are fine until i replaced then with the progress struts and d-spec rear shocks
Old 12-27-2008, 03:40 PM
OhioUSMC1
1st Gear Member

thanks Afixer. BTW man, do you have some pics of your CDC chin spoiler from a side angle. I have a Fang but i don't really like the lines of it like I thought I would. I too have kept the stock rockers and black chin spoiler look on my car.

Quick Reply: Camber Bolts or Camber Kit?