Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

tail light trim

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 11:38 AM
huffhuff
2nd Gear Member

Default tail light trim

someone is selling chrome tail light trim on ebay for $32 plus shipping. you can go to AZ or Advance Auto and get 3/8" stick on fender well trim for $13. same stuff he is selling. easy installation around the lens to cover where the black plastic is exposed and really stands out.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:42 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: tail light trim

With my black paint I love the way it looks "as is". I had the stripe removed at the dealer and am going for a more stealth look. I'm sure the chrome will look nice on some of the lighter colors though.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

NCMustangman I have your car as wallpaper on my desktop. It is striking. Do you have problems with your quarter window luvers staying on and did the paint cover it well? Also where can I buy your rims? Don't worry about the hood I can't seem to depart with the money for that but it sure looks sharp. Do you have any modifications?
Old 06-01-2005, 04:12 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

I had all my exterior mods (hood, louvers, grill, springs and the 17" x 9" Bullitt rims) done at Dale Jarrett Ford before I bought my car. I had a problem with the paint on a few small places on the edge of the hood that was resolved. I have added the MMR intake and high flow tube and most of the UPR billet ***** and caps inside and under the hood. I will add a new tune eventually but want to do a little more research. Thanks for the nice comments. This was a 50th birthday present from my wife and I really enjoy driving it every day. I think all the 2005 Mustangs look great in their own way.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

interesting that you mention that because mine was also a birthday gift from my wife. I had no idea until that night. I'm 44 years old. Keep cruisining dude and congrats on your great mustang.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:05 AM
jjpony
1st Gear Member

It's nice to know I'm not the only "old timer" out there who is really enjoying this car. I just installed an Xcalibrator tuner. WOW! what a difference it makes. I am now looking at cold air intakes and dual exhaust. I know I sort of got the cart ahead of the horse on the tuner but I'm still learning a lot about this performance stuff.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:06 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

JJpony, could you give a short review of the difference you felt after your tune? Is it from a standing start, passing gear, sound, gas mileage? I have the intake and the true duals already but have held off on the tune. I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks!
Old 06-02-2005, 11:00 PM
jjpony
1st Gear Member

Hey MustangMan! Like I told somebody on another forum question, WOW! I have a standard and I could already get off to a quick start. The first time I tried to get on it, I turned the traction control off and let her rip. Before I knew it, I hit the rev limiter. After I put the tune on I was afraid to punch it from a dead stop so I got started pretty good and then got on it. Like I told the other guy, I am certainly not a speed shifter but I got 2nd and 3rd gear scratches with ease. I had them leave on the rev limiter and take off the speed limiter. I later found out it will go all the way to the 120 mark but the needle stays there even after gaining more speed. I can't tell you about mileage yet. Of course if I keep driving it like this I don't look for improvement. Of course I don't intend to do that all the time. I just had to know. So I am now looking into intake and exhaust. I feel that the improvements will be even more pronounced. By the way, I saw that you had the Mac exhaust. That is what I was looking at. I found a set for around $450. Did you install your own? How do you like them? Hope this helps. Jim
Old 06-05-2005, 05:18 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Jim. I had the dealer do the install on the mufflers. I didn't want just anyone cutting my bumper. I paid $550 total for the install tax included. Thanks for the notes on the tune. I think that will be my next mod.