MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   has anyone gone 2 dealer for throttle responce? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/50654-has-anyone-gone-2-dealer-for-throttle-responce.html)

amx1397 06-03-2005 10:39 AM

has anyone gone 2 dealer for throttle responce?

has anyone gone to the dealer about the delay in throttle responce?? and what other than X calibrator will fix this. I have heard that if you tune with the X you will void you warrenty? also when the car is cold the throttle responce is better.

ChristopherCamel 06-03-2005 12:52 PM

RE: has anyone gone 2 dealer for throttle responce?

amx do you have a stick or auto?...my throllte responce seems fine..i have a 5 speed...5th gear is a little slow on the power because it is a cruising gear for highways..

ChristopherCamel 06-03-2005 12:52 PM

the delay is from the drive by wire...it takes a fraction of a second from when you push the gas till the computer speeds up your engine

amx1397 06-03-2005 03:44 PM

05 V6 vert ,,the other day i went around a corner and punched it and it seemed like forever before the car reacted, i tried it again and again and it got worse up to 2 seconds before the engine reacted.. so i am taking it to the track soon to really test that ,, my last trip to the track ,out of 5 runs my reaction time was 006, 008, 007, 010 000= 500 the old way this is running a 69 AMX 11.40 @118
why didn't i get the gt, because this is the wife's car. gt comes once the bugs are out of ford.

cheysdaddy 06-03-2005 05:59 PM

The delay is programmed in. The X-cal (1 or 2) or a Predator will remove this delay for you, and they don't automatically void your warranty. They would have to prove that what you did to mod the car directly caused the malfuncton beofre they can deny fixing within the warranty. and it's not justa V6 thing the GT's have it built in too(atleast if you have an auto, not sure about stick)

T.J. King 06-03-2005 07:29 PM

I have the 5 speed. The delay is on the decelaration side. I find it very annoying. There does not seem to be a delay while accelarating. The sevice manager said that he can not program it to fix the delay.

Tres Wright 06-03-2005 10:36 PM

I've got an auto and the delay is very pronounced. It's a second or more if I punch it before it actually reacts. In some cases I've punched it then let off the gas and it downshifts AFTER I let off, before it realizes I've cut the throttle! Quite annoying.

amx1397 06-04-2005 01:08 AM

maybe if enough of us complain to the dealers maybe they will do a recall. In case it becomes a safety thing, they would have to do something ,as i said before i was almost hit because the eng did not react with the throttle.

cheysdaddy 06-04-2005 01:34 AM

ORIGINAL: amx1397

maybe if enough of us complain to the dealers maybe they will do a recall. In case it becomes a safety thing, they would have to do something ,as i said before i was almost hit because the eng did not react with the throttle.
It's actually more of a warranty thing not a safety thing. Since they warranty the drive train they do it to protect the drive train from hard jolts on fast takeoffs so they wont have a bunch of warranty repairs. Like I said before an SCT or Predator will remove the delay. I'll have mine tomorrow and i'll let you know how it goes :D

stangfreak2 06-06-2005 01:54 AM

please do...ive noticed it too...its rediculous