Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

gt body kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 06:21 PM
izzyocon
1st Gear Member

Lightbulb gt body kits

i have a 2007 mustang v6. i've been looking up custom body kits. i like a few from 3d carbon and some from xenon. anyway i want to put one on my v6 but it says it won't fit unless the front bumper has the gt grille. i was wondering if i have to buy the whole grille or if its just an adapter or something.

also have yall heard about the turbonator? look it up. supposedly it will give you up to 35 more horsepower and better intake air flow. and its like 35 bucks. i was thinking about it but i'm not too sure about it. anyways help me out on this....mostly about the body kits. then look up the turbonator
Old 01-12-2009, 06:34 PM
dunebuggydude11
3rd Gear Member

you need a complete GT grille. they dont make "adapters" or anything like that

and from what i've heard, the turbonator is a waste of money that won't help and will actually hurt your car (i could be wrong though)
Old 01-12-2009, 06:56 PM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

like dune said u need the entire grill its a different fit theres no adapter for such a thing. in addition please dont buy the turbonator... otherwise everyone on here will eternally mock u lol. other than that good luck with ur modding and dont be afraid 2 ask questions
Old 01-12-2009, 07:00 PM
izzyocon
1st Gear Member

yeah i kinda figured. on both of those. thanx for the advice and luck....cuz i got a long way to go. i guess i'll save up my cash and get some twin turbos.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:05 PM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

a single turbo will suffice.. no need for twins but like i said dont be afraid 2 ask questions
Old 01-12-2009, 07:15 PM
izzyocon
1st Gear Member

no. i'm gonna go ***** out and get twins. i am a man of action. actually a 17 year old with a v6 ricer. but i gotta prove to people that v6s can have a good ol pair of nads too. its not ALL about the gts
Old 01-12-2009, 07:44 PM
dunebuggydude11
3rd Gear Member

if you decide on twins, check out 07grabbergirls mustang (i believe that is her name on here) she has a sick looking twin set up. btw, twin turbos are reallllyyy expensive though so you might want to rethink that. oh, and don't ever call your stang a "v6 ricer" again.

lmao
Old 01-12-2009, 07:56 PM
izzyocon
1st Gear Member

but its all stock. just stock. nothing more. which is why i will soup her up. her name is jolly by the way.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Get the turbinator on make sure you put it in your sig!!! I got one in my vette and it's great!!!

For the body kit I would get it kit and just get a billet grille or something that will fit the GT, it will look better and be much cheaper.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:53 PM
izzyocon
1st Gear Member

so its all about the turbonator huh?

Quick Reply: gt body kits