Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bamachips 93 Race - OH MY!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 12:53 AM
o7 tungsten
3rd Gear Member

what kind of intake do you have

edit: never mind just noticed your mods in your sig

Last edited by o7 tungsten; 01-15-2009 at 12:56 AM.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:10 AM
kn0x`
2nd Gear Member

Do you guys keep it in race tune? Or do you keep switching...like if you want to go crazy you put the race tune on and if your just driving you put the torque?
Old 01-15-2009, 07:11 AM
MR305
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by retro_pony
I'm amazed at all the t-loc comments. I plan to swap gears for 3.73 and syphon out the tank to upload the 93 octane tune from DS for the current 87 octane, soon as she comes out of storage. Already talked to my mechanic (Ford certifed) who said t-loc really wasn't going to be an issue unless I was over 300 HP (a GT). T-loc will also greatly INCREASE the cost of the gears/rearend. Hope I don't regret these Spring time changes...
if you have the stock tune that ford gives us in the mustangs, yes you may not need it.. but with the throttle response of bamachips tunes , well good luck on rainy days, making right turns, getting you a$$ out of the way quick and thous kine of stuff.... i think T-loc is a must do and even more if you are going to do gears too.. just my opinion..

Originally Posted by kn0x`
Do you guys keep it in race tune? Or do you keep switching...like if you want to go crazy you put the race tune on and if your just driving you put the torque?
i used to be switching back and forth the first month.. then it was race tune 24/7
Old 01-15-2009, 07:23 AM
capndar
1st Gear Member

Default Ford Engineers

OK, the Ford Engineers are not stupid. There is always a trade off on tuning. There is no free lunch....So what does BAMA chip sacrifice to get this amazing power increase?

I don't mind sacrificing things, but I want to know what they are so I can make the decision.....such as ...will it pass emissions? Will I need to replace the torque converter sooner?

Thoughts?
Old 01-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by capndar
OK, the Ford Engineers are not stupid. There is always a trade off on tuning. There is no free lunch....So what does BAMA chip sacrifice to get this amazing power increase?

I don't mind sacrificing things, but I want to know what they are so I can make the decision.....such as ...will it pass emissions? Will I need to replace the torque converter sooner?

Thoughts?

there is no real 'magic' here, the tune is for a higher octane than called for from ford.
higher octane = more you can advance the timing.
timing = power

thats not saying these cars probably arent detuned from the factory a little bit.

i imagine a lot of people would be pissed buying a car (especially a 6) that required premium fuel.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

should also add that doug from bama is a great guy.
he writes the 'stock' x-charger tune which im still running.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:52 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

I'm so impatient to buy a CAI and tune from Bama. If all goes well, I should be able to buy it on Monday... hopefully .
Old 01-15-2009, 12:55 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

not everyone wants break neck acceleration and tire burning launches at every light lol..

Glad to hear of it's performance enhancement.. going Bama race tune this springtime, along with 4.10s, exhaust cutouts and full race delete plates..

(-:
Old 01-15-2009, 12:59 PM
lurkmoar
1st Gear Member

glad to hear your enjoying the new tune as much as I am. As far as a t-loc, I've been running the race tune with an open diff for awhile now with no problems turning. I don't take turns fast though, but I do spin off the line if I give it more than 1/4 throttle.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:40 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

Congrats on the new tune. The open diff is only bad when it's a rainy day and you gotta jet across the road, but you start sliding everywhere. Other than that it's fine. Can't wait until I get my 8.8 in.

Quick Reply: Bamachips 93 Race - OH MY!