Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I have to tell someone....

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 01:32 AM
ponytx
2nd Gear Member

Default I have to tell someone....

I have to tell SOMEONE! So I'll tell my fellow v6 brethren. I have REALLY been loving my little six banger, my poor husband has always wanted an older model mustang, esp mach 1's (I think seeing me enjoying mine has made it worse) but he could never find them in the condition he liked, well, I saw him looking at one recently, it needs some exterior work but it's running!. He didn't think he could afford it. I got a little extra money recently, so I called up the guy and made him an offer, and he accepted it!!! I'll even have enough to get it a paint job, that's how low it is! Tomorrow is my husbands birthday and I can't wait to surprise him with his "new" car, a 1973 mach 1 351c...I'll post pics once we pic it up.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:05 AM
blue351

Default RE: I have to tell someone....

Thats awesome!
Old 06-07-2005, 02:39 AM
MustangBuddha

Wow! That is one lucky hubby. My wife got me a cake with a picture of a Mustang on it...
Old 06-07-2005, 03:09 AM
jdr

Awsome, another Mustang family
Old 06-07-2005, 09:26 AM
NY56

Wow! Nice Job!

It's been 30 year since I sold my last mustang, and it was a 71 Sportsroof with the 351. Fine machine, and a good choice for your husband.
If I had the space, I would think about a restoration project, but for now I'll wait to get an everyday driver Mustang and enjoy that! I hope your husband has a wonderfull B'Day!

Chris
Old 06-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

That is cool. What color is it now? My neighbor just found a '69 Mach 1 that he is going to restore for his dad...white with black. I plan to hang out over at his place to help & learn.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Wow, that's fantastic!! I'm sure he'll flip, please let us know all about it

I like the stripes on yours, did you have those custom painted or are they a stripe kit? I HATE the Ford stripes, the way they just run off the end of the hood and then don't continue down the front. But yours look more like the way they used to do stripes in the 60's & 70's, very appropriate for the new/old 05's!
Old 06-08-2005, 12:13 AM
ponytx
2nd Gear Member

He reads the forum too, that's how he found out, he called me up at work, he was very excited.

ORIGINAL: Dean Martin

That is cool. What color is it now? My neighbor just found a '69 Mach 1 that he is going to restore for his dad...white with black. I plan to hang out over at his place to help & learn.
Right now it's silver with the black mach 1 stripes along the door jamb, but the paint is dull and the stripes are chipping off. The interior looks like its black with white seats. The owner gave us a worksheet that tells us all about where the car came from where it was built, etc. Originally it was green and gold with a white interior ( HAS to be a 70's car).

I like the stripes on yours, did you have those custom painted or are they a stripe kit? I HATE the Ford stripes, the way they just run off the end of the hood and then don't continue down the front. But yours look more like the way they used to do stripes in the 60's & 70's, very appropriate for the new/old 05's!
Thanks! They were done at the dealership before I bought her, they are vinyl, I really like the perimeter stripes around the main stripes.

editted: hit the enter button too soon.

Old 06-08-2005, 10:14 AM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

[/quote]

Right now it's silver with the black mach 1 stripes along the door jamb, but the paint is dull and the stripes are chipping off. The interior looks like its black with white seats. The owner gave us a worksheet that tells us all about where the car came from where it was built, etc. Originally it was green and gold with a white interior ( HAS to be a 70's car).

[/quote]

Gotta love the original green. Do you plan to go back to the original colors? or have something else in mind?
Old 06-08-2005, 11:52 PM
ponytx
2nd Gear Member

Well, looks like we won't be painting it any color. I called up the guy last night to iron out a few details and he said "Sorry, I sold it to someone for more money" and hung up on me. [sm=jawdrop.gif]

He didn't even allow me to counter the offer or anything. Needless to say, my husband called the guy back and gave him a piece of his mind. Oh well, we don't need to do business with someone like that. SO, the search for the project car continues, atleast now my husband knows that I have a chunk of money dedicated to that. It really sucks, I was really upset, but I guess everything happens for a reason. [&o]

Quick Reply: I have to tell someone....