Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need Help HID Kit Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 07:51 PM
apollo7keep

Default Need Help HID Kit Install

Long time reader, first time poster here.

I recently purchased this HID kit: http://www.xenonexpert.com/ddm_kit_sale.html
in 55W/6000K with H13 bulb size for my 2008 V6.

I'm having trouble with the install of it, however. I am not very car savvy, but I thought this looked simple enough to do. It did not come with any instuctions, and I have not been able to find instructions specific to this type of kit online. The biggest problem is the connection between the ballast and the car. The two wires coming out of the ballast do not seem to fit into the part coming out from the car at all. Any help or links to instructions would be greatly appreciated, thanks for the help!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:47 PM
illin
3rd Gear Member

No offense, but send it back and get your money back. Buy a kit from one of the solid HID providers that happen to be sponsors here. The price is not much more and you even get instructions...as an added bonus, all the plugs actually match.

DONT start cutting and hacking your existing wiring. More than likely, your supplier sent you the wrong kit. The HID install is a VERY easy installation and takes about 5 mins per side. It takes longer to pick a ballast mounting spot than the actual upgrade...so if you are stuck...stop and try a plug and play kit.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:19 AM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

You have any pics of the kit you're working with?
Old 01-23-2009, 04:31 AM
Tony T.

im new here and if yall are to buzy to answer me. so be it. but if anybody could tell me how to send a post from my account that would be awesome. sorry. im a computer dummy. thanx for any help.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:05 AM
Tony T.

please please please. anybody? i just joined today. i clicked on send post or whatever, but it just never went thru. ill check this post often to see if i get any answers. thanx. and yes i am a dumb#%@.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:28 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by apollo7keep
It did not come with any instuctions, and I have not been able to find instructions specific to this type of kit online.

Here's what makes this kit a great deal :

- 35W HID or Powerful 55W Racing HID versions available
- Smallest ballasts available for the easiest placement possible under the hood.
- Completely Plug and Play: Connect the included harness from the battery to the ballasts, plug your headlight connectors into the ballasts and insert the bulbs into your headlights!
- LIFETIME WARRANTY*
- Fits into existing headlights or foglights

- All hardware and installation instructions included

Originally Posted by Tony T.
im new here and if yall are to buzy to answer me. so be it. but if anybody could tell me how to send a post from my account that would be awesome. sorry. im a computer dummy. thanx for any help.
Electricity for Dummies is your friend.
Send it back and get the correct kit.
Period. The missing instructions should
have been a big red flag.

P.S. dont touch the bulbs
or contaminate the surface of
the bulbs with ANYTHING

Last edited by 157dB; 01-23-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:46 PM
apollo7keep

Thanks for the quick replies everyone, but I have resolved the problem with a technical engineer friend. I am disappointed with the service from the company (the whole no instructions and costing $20 just for ground shipping >=( ), but the kit does work when wired properly. Problem solved, thanks again though!
Old 01-23-2009, 04:25 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Good to hear. How do they look?
Old 01-23-2009, 07:38 PM
apollo7keep

One word: Bright. They are set at a quite high angle as well, but used with smoked headlight covers, they are at least tolerable. I am going to have to look into adjusting the angle on them or something, but I'm happy with the end result in terms of brightness.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:12 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Well don't wanna go blinding other people on the road. In the manual it shows how to adjust the angle on the lights. What temp did you get'em?

Quick Reply: Need Help HID Kit Install