Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Duals on a V6 fusion and not on a V6 stang?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 11:54 AM
svastano
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cobrabobby
I believe their strategy has been the 6ers go
to the rental fleets and the budget minded buyers. I guess
they figure the aftermarket will take care of the rest of us.
Bob
+1 on that I think it is all dollars and cents!
Old 02-10-2009, 05:04 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

I agree With Illen.......The FRPP's are mildly aggressive at idle and sound GREAT at WOT and highway speeds. I wouldn't trade them for anything. Almost everyone that doesn't know to look for GT badges thinks I have a V-8 under the hood.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:59 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by illin
Totally disagree. My car sounds fantastic with the FRPP setup. My family is loaded with car buffs and they all assumed it was a small block 8.
i dont know how you assume an even fireing v6 sounds like an odd fire v8, some V6 setups sound good, but they will NEVER sound like a GT (and why are people so obsesed with trying to copy a GT )

Originally Posted by cobrabobby
I may be wrong, but save the Turbo 4cyl Fox Mustangs,
Ford has never marketed any performance Mustangs other
than V8's. I believe their strategy has been the 6ers go
to the rental fleets and the budget minded buyers. I guess
they figure the aftermarket will take care of the rest of us.
Hope to see the Ecoboost V6 in the new gen Mustangs, but
I wouldn't hold my breath. It's suppose to happen and GM
putting a 300HP V6 standard in the new Camaro may force
their hand. Then we will see duals on our 6ers.
We can only hope. V8's are a dying breed they say, but we've
all heard that many times before.
Bob

back in 93 with the sn95 concept, they had a test mule mustang that ran a Tbird supercoupe set up (3.8/M-90 charger) that out performed the GT in straight line, cornering, and braking, BUT ford is of V8 heritage, and couldnt have a V6 out perform their flagship, so scraped it if ford had produced that car or a turbo 3.8 fox (3.8 ford is a copy of the buick GN motor but with BETTER heads + on center block) it wouldnt have the GT as the status symbol

and new gen mustangs are getting identical 4.0s.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:45 PM
illin
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangman02232
i dont know how you assume an even fireing v6 sounds like an odd fire v8, some V6 setups sound good, but they will NEVER sound like a GT (and why are people so obsesed with trying to copy a GT )
I certainly know the difference as a six stands out to me...but without a frame of reference for comparison...most people just know it sounds great. Assumption...they see a nice looking Mustang and hear the exhaust rumple and thing 8. It is not a big stretch.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Bails
2nd Gear Member

I certainly know the difference as a six stands out to me...but without a frame of reference for comparison...most people just know it sounds great. Assumption...they see a nice looking Mustang and hear the exhaust rumple and thing 8. It is not a big stretch.
+1 People have told me that they can't believe I have a 6 with the way my Stingers sound.

I see what you're saying though mustangman, it'll never sound as good as a GT with an aftermarket exhaust but it sounds way better than a stock 6 or stock GT. And we're not trying to copy GT's we just want our 6's to sound BA, is there something wrong with that? A single exhaust just doesn't look right on a Mustang.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:45 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I have the FRPP setup, and honestly I don't think there is a better sounding exhaust for a V6 at all.

That being said, I have been fighting myself for the past year on trading in my stang for a GT, simply due to the sound of a v8. That is the only reason.

Think about this, if the GT and V6 sounded the same, I bet you 25-50% of the GT sales would drop to V6.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:09 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by Frank Bullitt
I think the dual exhaust sounds great on a V8 GT. I do have a GT takeoff on my V6 and at idle it sounds pretty good. But at higher RPM's it is actually embarrassing.
You must have a GT Automatic take-off muffler instead of
the GT M/T take-off.
Mine is the GT M/T Muff FI-7849-R 4R3Z-5520-LM and it
sounds darn good at any RPM. It really sounds good going
from 5500RPMs to 2500RPMs when shifting. Vrrrrooooommmmm.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:01 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
I have the FRPP setup, and honestly I don't think there is a better sounding exhaust for a V6 at all.

That being said, I have been fighting myself for the past year on trading in my stang for a GT, simply due to the sound of a v8. That is the only reason.

Think about this, if the GT and V6 sounded the same, I bet you 25-50% of the GT sales would drop to V6.

+10000
Old 02-11-2009, 08:56 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bails
+1 People have told me that they can't believe I have a 6 with the way my Stingers sound.

I see what you're saying though mustangman, it'll never sound as good as a GT with an aftermarket exhaust but it sounds way better than a stock 6 or stock GT. And we're not trying to copy GT's we just want our 6's to sound BA, is there something wrong with that? A single exhaust just doesn't look right on a Mustang.
thats not what i said, i said they will never sound the same, IMO anything sounds better then the hollow tinny sound of flowmasters on a GT that everyone and their grandma drives around with.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:55 PM
Bails
2nd Gear Member

thats not what i said, i said they will never sound the same, IMO anything sounds better then the hollow tinny sound of flowmasters on a GT that everyone and their grandma drives around with.
Ok, my bad. I thought you were pretty much saying that it wasn't worth it to get a new exhaust setup for the V6 cause we were all trying to be GT's. My apologies.