Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

[Problems, PLEASE help] Loud grinding noise and whistling noise..

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Default [Problems, PLEASE help] Loud grinding noise and whistling noise..

Okay just to start off with the info of my car:

2007 non-PP Mustang, Automatic, Still under warranty, GT Single Muffer, JLT CAI w/ 91 bama race tune.

Okay, so a couple weird things are going on with my car and the idiotic stealership can't find a problem if they were smacked in the face with it.

Okay, so basically my car is experiences two weird problems.

1) After about 70mph, my car starts to whistle, like the sound of a tea kettle. This gets REALLY annoying at highway speeds.. I told the dealership and they claimed they took it out for a spin but they found "nothing"

2) In 4th gear, when O/D is off, when I accelerate and it runs through 2-3kish RPM there is a HUGE grinding sound! It isn't a light grinding sound it sounds like gears grinding and does not sound good/safe at all..

What do you guys think it could be?
Old 02-22-2009, 08:46 PM
illin
3rd Gear Member

Get the service manager in the car with you and reproduce the issues for him.

It is under warranty...let them sort it out. If they you show them the issue and they state it is normal, move on to another dealer.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:50 PM
UltraKla$$ic
3rd Gear Member

The "whistling" could be your CAI, mine whistles. The grinding noise? WTF?? Drop it off at the stealership and tell them to call you when it's fixed!!!
Old 02-22-2009, 09:10 PM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

Does it come from the rear? Could be the gears...

Mine were whinning from the factory.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
The "whistling" could be your CAI, mine whistles. The grinding noise? WTF?? Drop it off at the stealership and tell them to call you when it's fixed!!!
Had the whistle before the CAI. The sounds feel like they coming from the rear.. can both be explained by the gears?
Old 02-22-2009, 09:33 PM
melo15fan15
2nd Gear Member

Just a thought and maybe not the issue at all but definately worth the try. Reflash your car back to stock tune....then, take it out and see if EITHER of those issues still happens. If they dont, then its the tune. Get a new tune from another tuner or just have your current tuner redo a tune for you. Like is said, might not be the issue but it takes 5 minutes to check. Oh, and you can always reflash your car back to your race tune if its not the problem.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:38 PM
illin
3rd Gear Member

I would go ahead and put the stock airbox on, reload your stock tune and do as I listed earlier and take the guy for a spin. Leave you number and do as UK mentioned.

You dont need to troubleshoot this...that is their problem.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:40 PM
melo15fan15
2nd Gear Member

Just a thought and maybe not the issue at all but definately worth the try. Reflash your car back to stock tune....then, take it out and see if EITHER of those issues still happens. If they dont, then its the tune. Get a new tune from another tuner or just have your current tuner redo a tune for you. Like is said, might not be the issue but it takes 5 minutes to check. Oh, and you can always reflash your car back to your race tune if its not the problem.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

These problems were here before I installed the CAI+Tune, I got the upgrade recently like 2 weeks ago, this has been happening longer than a month, but I will do that just in case..
Old 02-22-2009, 10:51 PM
melo15fan15
2nd Gear Member

oh, i didnt realize that. nvm then it most likely isnt the tune

Quick Reply: [Problems, PLEASE help] Loud grinding noise and whistling noise..