Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Gauge installation...

Old 03-08-2009, 11:03 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Default Gauge installation...

Well I got my Nexus gauges installed in the SOS a-pillar pod, I have it all wired to the module, but I need to wire the module up to the car.

I need to find the following so I can finish...

+12v source - always on
+12v souce - on only when car is on
ground - I got this one

Those who have hooked gauges up to their car, where did you wires yours into?
Old 03-08-2009, 09:48 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

I hooked mine to the fused-side of one of the fuses on the passenger side kick-panel. There's both hot all times and switched circuits there. I tied into the switched one that feeds the heated pcv valve and a few other things, maybe even the ac or something; i dont remember the fuse number off the top of my head.
But if you want a closer hot-with-ignition-on source, you can look way up under the dash on the brake pedal; there's 2 different switches on the brake pedal, one has a red and red/green wire pair going to it, and one of those 2 are hot with key on. I almost used that as my gauge power source.

Just curious, why do you need a always-on source, too?

If you need a lights-on connection, one of the wires on the light switch puts out 12v when the lights are on.

I can check in my notes tomorrow and dig up the specific fuse numbers and wire colors if you need them. Or just use a voltmeter and you'll find them.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:45 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Thanks tx.. The Nexus gauges require a constant hot along with the switched hot. I will volt out the break and headlight and wire them there since my gauge module is on that side. If I need more than that I will look into the fuse panel.

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

got pics?
Old 03-09-2009, 11:36 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by Sancho805
got pics?
I was going to wait until I got them hooked up, but I can snap some shots tonight and post them. It looks really good though
Old 03-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

yeah.... i already saw the X in person this past weekend, now i wanna see more cool X stuff! stopping by afixer's house was probably not a good idea... i told my fiance that the X was going to be our first investment after the wedding... LOL .
Old 03-09-2009, 10:23 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

... i told my fiance that the X was going to be our first investment after the wedding... LOL .
lol, at least you know what the reaction will be after you get married when you want to do the mods! So she'll know what to expect. Some gals are cool with it, some not. GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 02:56 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
Thanks tx.. The Nexus gauges require a constant hot along with the switched hot. I will volt out the break and headlight and wire them there since my gauge module is on that side. If I need more than that I will look into the fuse panel.

Thanks!
There is noting but ground on the brake switch.
There is also nothing but grounds and 12V for the
dash lights at the headlight switch.

THIS should help you find what you are looking for.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:53 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157db
There is noting but ground on the brake switch.
There is also nothing but grounds and 12V for the
dash lights at the headlight switch.
BS. I've measures voltages at both places and am using it from the light switch.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:32 AM
groved
1st Gear Member

yeah.... i already saw the X in person this past weekend, now i wanna see more cool X stuff! stopping by afixer's house was probably not a good idea... i told my fiance that the X was going to be our first investment after the wedding... LOL .
If you have any rich friends this could be your wedding present! Who needs a toaster or towels? You can get that crap anywhere.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gauge installation...