MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   Gauge installation... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/522762-gauge-installation.html)

ODDYSEY 03-08-2009 11:03 AM

Gauge installation...

Well I got my Nexus gauges installed in the SOS a-pillar pod, I have it all wired to the module, but I need to wire the module up to the car.

I need to find the following so I can finish...

+12v source - always on
+12v souce - on only when car is on
ground - I got this one :D

Those who have hooked gauges up to their car, where did you wires yours into?

tx_zstang 03-08-2009 09:48 PM

I hooked mine to the fused-side of one of the fuses on the passenger side kick-panel. There's both hot all times and switched circuits there. I tied into the switched one that feeds the heated pcv valve and a few other things, maybe even the ac or something; i dont remember the fuse number off the top of my head.
But if you want a closer hot-with-ignition-on source, you can look way up under the dash on the brake pedal; there's 2 different switches on the brake pedal, one has a red and red/green wire pair going to it, and one of those 2 are hot with key on. I almost used that as my gauge power source.

Just curious, why do you need a always-on source, too?

If you need a lights-on connection, one of the wires on the light switch puts out 12v when the lights are on.

I can check in my notes tomorrow and dig up the specific fuse numbers and wire colors if you need them. Or just use a voltmeter and you'll find them.

ODDYSEY 03-09-2009 07:45 AM

Thanks tx.. The Nexus gauges require a constant hot along with the switched hot. I will volt out the break and headlight and wire them there since my gauge module is on that side. If I need more than that I will look into the fuse panel.

Thanks!

Sancho805 03-09-2009 10:58 AM

got pics?

ODDYSEY 03-09-2009 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Sancho805 (Post 6009926)
got pics?

I was going to wait until I got them hooked up, but I can snap some shots tonight and post them. It looks really good though :)

Sancho805 03-09-2009 11:47 AM

yeah.... i already saw the X in person this past weekend, now i wanna see more cool X stuff! stopping by afixer's house was probably not a good idea... i told my fiance that the X was going to be our first investment after the wedding... LOL :).

tx_zstang 03-09-2009 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sancho805 (Post 6010041)
... i told my fiance that the X was going to be our first investment after the wedding... LOL :).

lol, at least you know what the reaction will be after you get married when you want to do the mods! So she'll know what to expect. Some gals are cool with it, some not. GOOD LUCK!!!

157dB 03-10-2009 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY (Post 6009552)
Thanks tx.. The Nexus gauges require a constant hot along with the switched hot. I will volt out the break and headlight and wire them there since my gauge module is on that side. If I need more than that I will look into the fuse panel.

Thanks!

There is noting but ground on the brake switch. :(
There is also nothing but grounds and 12V for the
dash lights at the headlight switch. :(

THIS should help you find what you are looking for. :)

tx_zstang 03-11-2009 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by 157db (Post 6013810)
There is noting but ground on the brake switch. :(
There is also nothing but grounds and 12V for the
dash lights at the headlight switch.

BS. I've measures voltages at both places and am using it from the light switch.

groved 03-12-2009 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Sancho805 (Post 6010041)
yeah.... i already saw the X in person this past weekend, now i wanna see more cool X stuff! stopping by afixer's house was probably not a good idea... i told my fiance that the X was going to be our first investment after the wedding... LOL :).

If you have any rich friends this could be your wedding present! Who needs a toaster or towels? You can get that crap anywhere.