Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Me - 1, car thief - 0

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 09:16 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default Me - 1, car thief - 0

Some jerkoff broke into my car this morning. The one time I hear my alarm going off, I don't rush out to look. I figured if the alarmed stopped, it must be someone else deactivating their alarm, not mine. Just about ready to go to work and there's a mess of glass everywhere. The thief didn't touch anything else in my car. Had a lot of prime booty in the front and back seats too; CDs, jacket, iPod dock, Easy Mac, a towel, Oakleys, Biore strips..

Not like I'd be able to do anything anyway. Guy probably took off like a bat out of hell, or could've possibly have been armed. Almost wish he took off with my car.. then I'd get to put my Lojack to good use.

Just an inconvenience now though, have to pay out of my pocket to get the window replaced. Anyone know how much that usually runs?

Discuss!
Old 03-16-2009, 09:49 AM
sarcastik
1st Gear Member

You're a better man then me I would have cried over the broken window. A window replacement can be anywhere from 150-300, but if you call around to every shop in the area (assuming you live in a big city) then you can get it for less. I'm not a big lojack fan really either. I figure if someone wants to steal the car let em have and let me get an insurance payout. It will be worth more then the salvage car you get back.

You did make out better then I did though. Last time I got broken too I had an oldschool infiniti I had 3 tvs and 2 subs, they broke in in broad daylight and stole everything. Ripped apart the dashboard, ripped the headrests off the seats (had tvs...) and opened the trunk and took out my box that my amp attached to it. I was devastated.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:17 AM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

damn son... he jacked your easy mac... now wat r u gonna eat?
Old 03-16-2009, 11:31 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sarcastik
You're a better man then me I would have cried over the broken window. A window replacement can be anywhere from 150-300, but if you call around to every shop in the area (assuming you live in a big city) then you can get it for less. I'm not a big lojack fan really either. I figure if someone wants to steal the car let em have and let me get an insurance payout. It will be worth more then the salvage car you get back.
Haha, I was hit by a variety of emotions/thoughts/questions:

WTF happened?
What did they steal? Nothing. Alllriight....
Anyone else's car get broken into?
Did this person parked next to me do it?
Probably not.
What should I do?
Cry? Ehh.. don't feel like it.
Call mom! Yes, mommy will help me!
Call my boss, not going into work today. Woot!
Wish they stole the car, dammit! I want a 2010 GT!

You did make out better then I did though. Last time I got broken too I had an oldschool infiniti I had 3 tvs and 2 subs, they broke in in broad daylight and stole everything. Ripped apart the dashboard, ripped the headrests off the seats (had tvs...) and opened the trunk and took out my box that my amp attached to it. I was devastated.
Yeah, my roommate had is Civic stolen a few months ago right out of the college parking lot. But yeah, these crackheads are getting pretty daring. I heard my alarm going off just past 5:30am this morning. All the swag they stole off of you must have held them over to buy enough crack until they broke into my car. :[

damn son... he jacked your easy mac... now wat r u gonna eat?
I would had LMAO if the only thing that was stolen was my Easy Mac. It would be a man hunt for a bum with cheesy lips.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:46 AM
raylandm
2nd Gear Member

easy mac was kinda personnal......
Old 03-16-2009, 01:57 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Wow that sucks. But, it could have been much worse.

BTW, if you have full coverage insurance, you make be able to make a vandalism claim and get the glass replaced for less.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Dude if this were me, and he stole my Biore strips... I'd have found his oldest living relatives and punched them in the mouth.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:08 PM
sarcastik
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tx_zstang
Wow that sucks. But, it could have been much worse.

BTW, if you have full coverage insurance, you make be able to make a vandalism claim and get the glass replaced for less.
Don't waste a claim over this...it will raise your rates over time and depending on your deductable you can most likely get it replaced for almost the same price if you look hard enough
Old 03-16-2009, 03:15 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Originally Posted by sarcastik
Don't waste a claim over this...it will raise your rates over time and depending on your deductable you can most likely get it replaced for almost the same price if you look hard enough
depends. my old honda had its windshield replaced- no deduc, no rates raise, anything. just came and did it, no questions.

Mustang...whole other story. 1100 bucks in windows alone.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:09 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by SPARTAN VI
Some jerkoff broke into my car this morning. Had a lot of prime booty in the front and back seats too; CDs, jacket, iPod dock, Easy Mac, a towel, Oakleys, Biore strips..
Thats probably why he broke into it.
Because of all the 'prime booty' he saw.
Hide it and you wont tempt them glass smashers....

Not like I'd be able to do anything anyway. Guy probably took off like a bat out of hell, or could've possibly have been armed. Almost wish he took off with my car.. then I'd get to put my Lojack to good use.
Not very likely unless you left a PATS encoded key for him.
Or if he had a TowTruck in his back pocket.

Quick Reply: Me - 1, car thief - 0