Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

new mustang vert

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 06:06 PM
dopeboifrsh12

Default new mustang vert

what's happenin everybody. Finally got the car I've been wanting for sometime now so I thought I'd share some pics. all comments and suggestions are appreciated and I look foward to being an active member!

p.s. what do you guys think about the "mustang" on the side? I think I'm going to take it off but I don't know how I'd appreciate some tips... I know I should search tho lol

Old 03-22-2009, 06:16 PM
illin
3rd Gear Member

Welcome! Great timing to get a vert for sure...time for those tops to drop!

Lots of cheap mods can be done to jazz up the exterior and you can get a "feeling" of 100 extra hp on the cheap...for $2k or less. Take your time, read through the threads here (use search) and you will find all the info you need.

As for the stripes, I actually like them as they remind me of the old 66ish GT's (the side stripes that is). Some do, some dont. Getting them off is a no drama affair.

Oh...get that bird dodo off...that stuff can be NASTY on a finish!
Old 03-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Razorbackfan
2nd Gear Member

Spare money, as you once knew it, will now go into your car! Great looking Mustang.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:43 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

nice car with lots of potential.

here are some easy things

1. i agree- the side stripe isnt great, if you want a side stripe change it for the pony package or something

2. the door plastic molding, get rid of it... makes it look like the rental version of the mustang

3. clean up the overspray on the armorall on the seats

all of these things are FREE!

got money?
1. dual exhaust
2. CAI/Intake
3. a different grille
4. gears

all in all, around 2k

you may want to click my link and look at my mods for some ideas.
Happy Modding!
Old 03-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Must8ng
1st Gear Member

Congrats! I love the white mustang's but I have become more partial to red these days...
Old 03-23-2009, 12:16 AM
project85
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdphillips73
nice car with lots of potential.

here are some easy things

1. i agree- the side stripe isnt great, if you want a side stripe change it for the pony package or something

2. the door plastic molding, get rid of it... makes it look like the rental version of the mustang

3. clean up the overspray on the armorall on the seats
+1
get diff stripes
Old 03-23-2009, 09:21 AM
boochy
CSMG Moderator

Nice looking car... Definitely take the door strip off, I did that the first day. Some people like my side stripe, some don't. I'll give you a before/after shot.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:04 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Get a 3" Shorty antenna on eBay for $20... IMO thats the best looking antenna you can get for our cars... just really crappy reception for the most part. But I listen to CD's!

Take the door ding strip off. I'm going to do that when it gets warm enough... I think. My car is plain enough the way it is so I dont know if taking the strip off will make it more plain :P

As for the side stripes I its all a personal preferance. Before I got my Mustang I loved them -- now I dont like them so much.

Get a CAI+Tune also.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:10 PM
09Stang
1st Gear Member

+1 for the side stripe and door strip removal.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:24 PM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

Welcome aboard our wonderful world of Mustang ownership!! It's great except when the mod bug bites, your wallet is going to feel much lighter! LOL

I agree that the door ding strip should be a goner. A heat gun or a good hair dryer and a plastic putty knife or some type of pry tool that won't scratch the paint and then some goo-gone stuff and you're all set.

The rocker stripe is pure personal preference. I love mine but other takes theirs off first thing, totally up to you. Same here, heat gun or a good hair dryer and just peel away nice and easy. Just take your time and it'll turn out good.

Also, wipe out that over-spray on your seats. Somebody at the dealership didn't pay attention to detail.

Quick Reply: new mustang vert