Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Buildable 4.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 10:59 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Smile Buildable 4.0

Hey everyone, i don't spend too much time in here, as i spend alot of it in the 4.6 forums, but im looking for some information that im sure all of you could help me with.

With that said, heres the scoop:

I used to have a 2004 Ranger with the same 4.0 engine in it that is in the 05' up mustangs. I had an xcharger on it along with headers and a full custom exhaust with flows. Long story short, i managed to damage the number 5 cylinder in it due to detonation and i had the motor pulled and swapped in a new one. I now have the original motor in my garage taking up space. It has less than 60k on it, and the only issue is the #5 cylinder. I have tried selling it for about a year now, with no interest.

My question to all of you is this: what is this thing worth?? Is there anyone on here who would be interested in it? What kind of a local shop might be interested in taking it off my hands? I just want it gone!

I have pics of it posted in my web album which i will post a link to below.

http://picasaweb.google.com/DevonGarver/PartsForSale#

I hope im not in the wrong place here, im just lookin for some advice guys. Thanks again!
Old 04-19-2009, 12:41 AM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

You could probably sell the X-charger and other aftermarket parts on it. But I don't think you could get that much for the actual motor.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:41 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

It sounds like he replaced the 4.0L and the X stayed with the truck.

To the OP, that 4.0L of yours isn't worth much to anyone, IMO. Throw it up on CL (being honest about what's wrong) for cheap and see if you can find a new home for it.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:43 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Correct, x-charger is in the truck on the other motor, and i sold the truck and bought a mustang. I am not really lookin for much, i just want it gone. i have had it up on CL a couple times, and up in the forums here with no bites. Hell i'd practically give it to someone if they came and picked it up!
Old 04-19-2009, 07:17 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Any takers? Buy me a steak dinner or sumthin and its yours! haha seriously tho, anyone interested?
Old 04-19-2009, 08:05 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Just strip the motor completely and scrap the metals. I think that should get you a few bucks but nothing too much. Seeing as you've had it up with no bites I think you might make the most money doing this. IIRC you make more by stripping it and scraping the specific metals than if you were to just scrap the engine as one piece.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:10 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rdsx18
Just strip the motor completely and scrap the metals. I think that should get you a few bucks but nothing too much. Seeing as you've had it up with no bites I think you might make the most money doing this. IIRC you make more by stripping it and scraping the specific metals than if you were to just scrap the engine as one piece.
You really think i should? i would hate to see it go to waste, i mean everything is great save for that one cylinder. I wish someone needed it, like i said im not lookin to make a mint here, i'd just like to see someone be able to use it.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:23 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Well if you can't move it and it is taking up space you need then why not? The metal will be recycled and you won't make much, but I guess I'd do it more as a last resort type thing. Try CL and local forums again, maybe if people need parts you can part it?
Old 04-20-2009, 11:46 AM
svastano
4th Gear Member

Where you at in Ohio? I am jist over the border in PA
Old 04-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

stripping it down and selling the parts individually sounds like your best bet. the idea of obtaining a space consuming entire engine is probably whats keeping you from getting any bites. break it down and see if you can get "little bites" from the parts. good luck dude.

Quick Reply: Buildable 4.0