Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Installed C&L and tune with some minor issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 06:34 PM
lundefinedl
1st Gear Member

Default Installed C&L and tune with some minor issues

Got my C&L and tuner combo from bama chips today. The physical installation was not bad but I had an issue with the tune upload.

At the point when I did the upload, it backed up the stock program, then it said that the bama 93 race tune was loaded and it was okay to drive the car. I have been running 93 octane in preparation for this for the last 2 tanks.

I went over the howto and checked each point on the physical installation to verify that everything was tight and sealed. The CAI seemed to be installed properly, so I attempted to start the vehicle.

The engine started but the car idled very poorly. I stopped the engine at this point because the idle was going between 400-800 and not able to run stable.

I was very worried here because I didn't want to have to reinstall the stock stuff.

My next decision was to try to load a lower octane tune and give it a few seconds to idle to see if this would improve the issue. To my surprise none of the bama tunes were on the tuner now. I loaded it back to stock tune and then searched for the bama tunes.

I couldn't find the BAma tunes, but there was 3 C&L tunes there. I loaded the 87 C&L tune in order to troubleshoot the problem. After loading it, the car started to run really well.

It seems to be noticeably better with the CAI and the 87 C&L tune, but once I figure out why my bama tunes disappeared, I will probably load 93 performance or 93 race.

I also have an SLP powerflo muffler but I need to install it sometime over the weekend.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:55 PM
lundefinedl
1st Gear Member

Anybody have any idea why the bama tunes have disappeared off of it?
Old 04-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Silver Vert 06
2nd Gear Member

The 87 c&l is probably one of the Bama tunes. In my tuner the tunes from Bama are named "87 C&L Performance", "93 C&L Torque" and "93 C&L Race"

Give Doug a call and have him revise your race tune. Doug will take care of you. Bamachips has awesome customer service.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:22 AM
lundefinedl
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the response,

I will check the tunes again. If one of them is named race than it is probably fine. I'm pretty sure the race never loaded properly as it seemed like loading was too fast. It said it was loaded and I could drive the car, but when I loaded the 87 it took far longer.

When I started it and it ran badly, I only let it run for about 5 seconds at idle. I hope that wouldn't damage anything.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:20 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Originally Posted by Silver Vert 06
The 87 c&l is probably one of the Bama tunes. In my tuner the tunes from Bama are named "87 C&L Performance", "93 C&L Torque" and "93 C&L Race"

Give Doug a call and have him revise your race tune. Doug will take care of you. Bamachips has awesome customer service.
I hate it when people do this, but...

+1

And you should be fine by only running the car for such a short period like you did.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

good topic that should be given attention to. here is what i have figured out from my experience:

i have a predator that i originally purchased with only the default tunes installed. i later ordered bama tunes via email and did the proper steps to transfer from PC to programmer. all worked fine and an extra menu option was added to my tuner called "Custom Tunes" where the bama tunes were located. originally, the only options were "Diablo Tunes" and "Original Backup". now i am the type that likes to experiment and learn from trial and error so even after installing my bama tune, i wanted to revert back to the original backup just to see if everything works. after reverting to stock tune successfully, i went ahead and tried to load my bama tunes back on. thats when i noticed that i lost the "Custom Tune" menu option along with all my bama tunes. i came to the realization that once i reverted back to "Original Backup", the entire programmer reset itself and deleted all custom loaded files. I didnt worry too much about it since i have all tune files backed up on my PC and other backup media components. i went ahead and re-loaded the tuner with the bama tunes and then loaded the car with one of those tunes and all was fine again. so what seems to happen is that whenever i switch from one custom tune to another, all tunes remain loaded on the programmer. as soon as i revert to "Original Backup", all is lost and the programmer resets itself. reloading of custom tunes is required after this happens. this is what happened with my predator unit and not sure if the same happens with the SCT.

get doug to send you the tune files and back them up on your PC. keep running the default C&L tune until you get the issue resolved with bama. from my understanding, those default C&L tunes were originally created by doug for C&L. good luck.

Last edited by Sancho805; 04-24-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:15 PM
lundefinedl
1st Gear Member

I installed the SLP powerflo today. I have to say for a single exaust it sounds awsome. As far as the tunes, that is unfortunate that this happened. As far as losing the tunes, I am pretty confused about this as I don't believe I did anything but try to load another tune after the race tune seemed to fail to load correctly.