Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Super Charger/ Heads& Cams

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 10:53 AM
StangPride757

Default Super Charger/ Heads& Cams

Ive done alot of google searching and all online.. Cant really find alot and hoping somebody can really help me. Im %100.00 sure Imma get the X-charger and hopefully with the intercooler soon. I was searching Supersix motersports and see the stage 3 heads for $1850.00 with the cam set for $575.00. Im not worried about install price, I know it will be costly..

Say with the stage 3 heads/Camset and the X charger along with the other bolt ons. What do you guys think the Hp would range from? Whats the pros. Im very interested in knowing more and gonna actually email Super Six.. I can either order the X charger and get these cams/heads or X charger and more exterior mods. Im more interested in the engine work then anything. If there isnt gonna be a big difference with the heads/cams then Ill def look to the exterior mods. Thanks everybody.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:12 PM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

if you combine the H/C with the xcharger you will be able to up your boost thus run higher numbers than a standard engine. And especially with the intercooler. I know it will be well over 300 to the wheels for sure maybe even close to 400RWHP.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:47 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

If you're going to go with the heads, might as well upgrade the pistons at the same time; that's one of the main weak points once you start getting up there in power, and with the heads off, it wont be that much more effort.

BTW keep us posted on what you end up doing; I was looking at some of their heads, too. Decided at least for now to not go that route, but could in the future (with additional internal upgrades at the same time).
Old 05-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

yeah, i read that the pistons were kinda weak sauce after that much power pumping. not sure on the specifics though.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:28 PM
StangPride757

Originally Posted by tx_zstang
If you're going to go with the heads, might as well upgrade the pistons at the same time; that's one of the main weak points once you start getting up there in power, and with the heads off, it wont be that much more effort.

BTW keep us posted on what you end up doing; I was looking at some of their heads, too. Decided at least for now to not go that route, but could in the future (with additional internal upgrades at the same time).

Makes sense! Lord the pistons are $$$COSTLY$$ to.. So far it seems like Ill just go heads/Cam and the X. Then maybe after a deployment Ill do the rest. Ill def keep everybody posted. By the end of the month Im def gonna order a X Charger..
Old 05-07-2009, 01:30 PM
StangPride757

Originally Posted by wolfpup
if you combine the H/C with the xcharger you will be able to up your boost thus run higher numbers than a standard engine. And especially with the intercooler. I know it will be well over 300 to the wheels for sure maybe even close to 400RWHP.
Alright, thats what I kinda figured. WOW 400RWHP is exactly what Im looking to get my stang to. Atleast close as possible.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:32 PM
StangPride757

So do the heads/Cams add to any HP? I know these are stupid ?? but Im looking at how stuff works.com and all just learning about that type of stuff..
Old 05-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

i'll be happy with the mid 300's that the X/IC will hopefully produce..... but then again, i say i'll be happy with just one more thing but then i always gotta add more! go figure.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:45 PM
StangPride757

Originally Posted by Sancho805
i'll be happy with the mid 300's that the X/IC will hopefully produce..... but then again, i say i'll be happy with just one more thing but then i always gotta add more! go figure.
Yeah I was in the same mind set of the like 350RWHP but 400 Im sure I will be satisfied. Like you said though there is always more and more to add. IDK. I def wanna see what the X/IC puts down and def see whats gonna happen. Waiting for this to come out is like Im 7 years old and waiting for santa.. Be great if it was to come out by the end of the month.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:34 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

You should also look into upgrading the drivetrain to sustain those new power levels. The stock rear end will definitely be shot with that much power. I recommend replacing it with a stronger 8.8" rear end from the Mustang GT. The 8.8 can be fitted with taller gears (from newtakeoff.com) and it has a limited slip differential so you get power to both rear wheels instead of just one.

If you have the extra cash you can also invest in a better transmission. A member on this forum sells adapter plates for the 4.0 motor to hook up to a 6-speed I believe. A better tranny is probably a good investment to safely hold that much power. Best of luck!

Last edited by The Potato; 05-07-2009 at 09:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Super Charger/ Heads& Cams