MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   Ok going over my Mods checklist here and... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/539293-ok-going-over-my-mods-checklist-here-and.html)

PonyBoy21 05-20-2009 12:47 PM

Ok going over my Mods checklist here and...

So Im looking within the next week to do some mods to my 2006 V6. So far I im going with

1) Ford Racing Exhaust kit

2) C&L Cold Air intake

3) SCT SF3 Custom Tuner

For now, I then plan on making some more mods within the summer.

My questions now is directed towards the tuner and the tunes. I searched "tuner" on the message board and read many things and what people seem to be doing. Seems the popular thing is SCT SF3 Custom Tuner and Bamachips tunes. Im pretty confused on how, where, the tuner gets installed. And Im most worried on how the hell to operate the damn thing and making sure it works. I was debating on taking it to a place and having someone install the tuner and pre setting it for me. Is it something I should now how to do I know I wanna know, but worried I'll mess my car up.
Any suggestions would be great thanks

killdar 05-20-2009 12:51 PM

looks like a good set of first mods
order up the c&l and xcal 3 combo from bama, installing the tunes and intake are easy, tuner just plugs in under the dash on the drivers side

AlloySixxer 05-20-2009 12:56 PM

Everything you named is in fact the popular choice. :D

If you decide to get your tunes from Bama then you can order the C&L CAI and tunes in a combo. You fill a small sheet out listing your mods, model year, and a 4 digit code found on a white sticker near the ECU. Then you choose three tunes, most go with 87 performance, 93 torque, and 93 race (91 depending on octane available in your area). Once this is complete, Doug will send you the tuner with the tunes preloaded and the CAI. Installation is cake and for the tuner all you have to do is plug it into the OBD II (something like that) port under the steering wheel. The tuner will guide you through a few steps and then start downloading. I hope this makes sense. :cool:

Brenspeed made a video demonstrating: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81b5aXhctAw

PonyBoy21 05-20-2009 01:51 PM

Thanks for the replies, I hate asking so many questions but this is all new to me. I really can't wait to start messing around with my car. My car like I said is a 2006 V6 Redfire with only 15,000+ miles on it. I leased it for 39 months and went to trade it in early but couldn't part with it when it came time and walked out. I'm going to start financing the car in September with on 11,000 in change to finance so that's nothing. This was a week ago and since then I've really stated the MOD game looking at what I can do. Im so happy it feels like I bought a brand new car and after the summer it will look and feel like a different car.

So_Cali 05-20-2009 02:00 PM

Mod list looks good, only thing that would probably give you trouble installing would be the exhaust kit, the other stuff combined should take an hour, max...

Don't hesitate to ask questions here bro, you're in good company with some very knowledgeable people on this forum...

Welcome and happy modding! :D

4.0 $tang 05-20-2009 02:06 PM

another Jersey Boy...nice to see you here...maybe we can go to e-town sometime

PonyBoy21 05-20-2009 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by So_Cali (Post 6217157)
Mod list looks good, only thing that would probably give you trouble installing would be the exhaust kit, the other stuff combined should take an hour, max...

Don't hesitate to ask questions here bro, you're in good company with some very knowledgeable people on this forum...

Welcome and happy modding! :D

Thanks for the support, I was thinking about the exhaust. I was thinking of taking it somewhere to put on just the exhaust my cousin and I are going to do the CAI. He says that if the exhaust it bolt on he can do it. But since the For kit comes with an X pipe does there have to be any cutting or anything or is just a different configuration. Im thinking of having a local shop do it, also the cutting of the bumper doesn't look as drastic as I thought would be I looked at my bumper today it looks harmless to do. Wonder if a shop would do it though

killdar 05-20-2009 02:25 PM

yeah you'll have to cut off the stock y pipe

Sancho805 05-20-2009 02:29 PM

great mod list. good luck with your installs.

PonyBoy21 05-20-2009 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by 4.0 $tang (Post 6217168)
another Jersey Boy...nice to see you here...maybe we can go to e-town sometime

What part are you from, Im from Hazlet.

Also this is another list of future mods:

MUSTANG PAINTED WINDOW LOUVERS SET OF 2

FORD MUSTANG PAINTED HOOD SCOOP

FORD MUSTANG PAINTED GT CS SIDE SCOOPS

FORD SHELBY GT500 MUSTANG PAINTED SPOILER

MUSTANG PONY PACKAGE GRILLE KIT

Mustang GT rocker panels

Mustang GT,12" Pre Cut Racing Stripes

18.5 Rims and Wheels

StangMods Motive Gear Package #2 for 94-08 V6 Mustangs

Bye the end of summer going into December I'll have most of this on my car I hope.