Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My Mustang (Updated Picture)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 04:25 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by serbiandude
hehe ^
theres time to do stuff to it, economy sucks, need to save some money, the stang is fine the way it is for now, i got to get me a ride for winter, dont want to drive the mustang in the winter
Spending money when the economy sucks helps the economy, saving money when its bad hurts the economy.

So help the bad economy and buy Mustang parts.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:49 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by buttercupchick19
Shut your pie hole Pascal!
Yes honey!
Old 06-04-2009, 09:24 PM
jf713jf
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by staggolee
Lookin good, very clean. I'd just take a heat gun and fishing line to that door molding
When you say molding, do you mean on the door like mine or the bottom panel that we both have. Cause i thought the door molding was the thing i had (former owner probs put it on, i'm not sure how i feel about it) but i didn't even think people took off that bottom thing that is sortof dark grey plastic on the bottom of the car.

If its possible to take either off, it's something to consider but idk which molding you're talking about.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:24 PM
jf713jf
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by izzyocon
its not called "wasting money" if its on a mustang my friend
Truest words ever spoken.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:18 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jf713jf
When you say molding, do you mean on the door like mine or the bottom panel that we both have. Cause i thought the door molding was the thing i had (former owner probs put it on, i'm not sure how i feel about it) but i didn't even think people took off that bottom thing that is sortof dark grey plastic on the bottom of the car.

If its possible to take either off, it's something to consider but idk which molding you're talking about.
Yeah I'm referring to the molding going across the middle of the door. They're uncommon but they're put on cars that are sold as rental cars or corporate cars and then they don't remove them when they are sold to the used car dealerships. Just take a heat gun or hair dryer to it to warm the glue/tape and pry it off with fishing line or something else gentle
Old 06-05-2009, 02:27 PM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

Really like the blackout panel...makes a huge difference!

Agreed on taking off the door molding (not the rocker stripe) AND that dealer sticker has to go!! that was the first mod I made to my car
Old 06-05-2009, 03:48 PM
jf713jf
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by staggolee
Yeah I'm referring to the molding going across the middle of the door. They're uncommon but they're put on cars that are sold as rental cars or corporate cars and then they don't remove them when they are sold to the used car dealerships. Just take a heat gun or hair dryer to it to warm the glue/tape and pry it off with fishing line or something else gentle
I wonder if i can take off that black molding that is running up the door the same way...
Old 06-05-2009, 03:52 PM
project85
3rd Gear Member

awesome color
Old 06-05-2009, 04:37 PM
iflylow

Great color! Very Clean! Maybe look into some new wheels and maybe some lowering springs.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:36 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jf713jf
I wonder if i can take off that black molding that is running up the door the same way...
No because that's a whole body panel, if you take off the V6 one you're going to want to replace it with a GT one (a rocker panel that matches the body color) or else you'll just see the subframe of the car

Quick Reply: My Mustang (Updated Picture)