Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
View Poll Results: How Awesome will be car be when it receives the upgrades below?
Thine chariot will surpass all expectations
9.09%
I reckon it will beget much reckoning
27.27%
While improved, this sixer won't heat up the trail of a bone stock GT, ever.
54.55%
It will suck so badly you will regret it until you die a dusty fart-induced death.
9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Hey there everybuddy!! Here is my 2010 V6 Project description

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 04:09 PM
o7 tungsten
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wolfpup
I wanna know how u already got into an accident ...
3rd post
Old 07-28-2009, 06:15 PM
BAMFingOh10
1st Gear Member

Cool

Wow, some people don't know how to give their two cents kindly. Thanks to Meph, mygt500, ABQstang89, Avalanch3, etc. for your blessings and constructive criticisms.

The end result will be a razor-sharp, rich and beautiful 2010 Mustang modded according to the justifications and explanations of my expectations which can be found earlier in the thread. My main goal was to give my car the major components required to take it to the next level, overall. with enhanced performance. With the bone stock configuration now (spare the new air filter), I have to keep a light foot on the gas to avoid squealing. The torquey engine makes it challenging to peel out without screeching. Another thing to love about the "antique" V6, IMHO.

The project, which I am going to complete in its entirity, will make my car drive and give it a premium feel of a much higher priced car after installing my purchases. A freely revving, stiffer, meaner two door muscle coupe.

As for my accident, I was trying to switch from one lane at the bank into another. Simply put I did not reverse an adequate distance. My advice is to try looking at a barrier next time you're at the bank - many are scratched because while most people have no trouble driving through, switching between is another story.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:42 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

BAM, I have the Steeda sports and, yes it drops the front about 1" and the rear about 1.25". I put on adjustable dampers (Tokico d-specs) at the same time, and am very happy with that setup. Bumpsteer is not an issue. Your camber will be at the outer limits of spec with that small drop, so either camber bolts or camber plates should be used. I used the $20 camber bolts and have had no issues with them.

You'll want an adjustable panhard bar with the lowering to recenter the rear; although, the small drop will not shift it that much so that you could still use the stock panhard.

Otherwise for suspension, lca's and optionally an adjustable uca are good choices. If you need to adjust pinion angle after lowering, an adjustable uca will let you do that.

If you don't have a rear sway bar, I highly recommend you get one.

My opinion on gears, I agree that Ford Racing (FRPP) are the way to go. That's all I use now.

As far as under the hood, that's been pretty-well been addressed already. CAI with a tune at some point in time. You can run stock for now until you get that, even if you mod the exhaust.

Lastly, congrats on getting the 2010, welcome, and have fun!
Old 08-29-2009, 10:17 PM
BAMFingOh10
1st Gear Member

I posted an album with a couple of pictures. I'll post more soon!
Old 08-30-2009, 08:57 AM
lundefinedl
1st Gear Member

I got the motive 3.73's. They whine and whale like crazy at 80mph. The mechanic that installed them does gears all the time and explained that motive gears have been doing that and that they create splines on the gears even when they are set perfectly. He says my wear pattern is good but that they are going to make noise. My exaust is really loud at 80mph so it kind of drowns it out, but against concrete barriers it makes the car sound like a semi truck.

So unless you want your car to sing and whine and whale on the highway, get a different brand.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:05 PM
BAMFingOh10
1st Gear Member

I will put in 3.73s from Ford Racing when I do the T-Lok. I've seen good results with these over the Motives and I don't think getting an 8.8 is worth it with the RWHP I estimate to achieve. With the headers + exhaust I should achieve 220, and the springs, suspension, and handling upgrades will be heavily discombobulating at corners.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:42 PM
BAMFingOh10
1st Gear Member

I've decided to go with the 4.10s from FRPP. Since my license was suspended until April 2010 for ~8 speeding tickets this past year, I probably won't be driving above 75 mph again, but again depends on state law. Here in IL enforcement's stricker than a red-assed bee even though they lose money annually due to perceived need for policing of the city. I will be doing many a tire peel with 4.10s and damned near complete rear suspension while hopefully avoiding the squealing pigs.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:11 PM
turnercc
1st Gear Member

Holy God. You've had 8 tickets in the last year on top of an accident? Also, if your license is suspended, why do any mods at all right now?

Another point that may have been touched upon -- the K&N filter isn't doing much for you with the stock intake tube. You mentioned you were concerned about using a CAI designed for the 05-09 v6 and wanted to wait for one made for the 2010... They're the same engines. There is no difference -- Don't waste effort on that filter. Also, be careful going to the dual exhaust. It's great for sound, but that's it. You are likely to actually lose some low-end torque when you go with a dual setup.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:53 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

You'll probably have to forget the mods and save the $$ for insurance. I can't imagine what you pay with 8 tickets and an accident.