Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

05 FOG LITE KIT

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 12:34 AM
xvetman

Default 05 FOG LITE KIT

JUST SOLD MY 91 VETTE,AND GOT A YELLOW 05 COUPE. I WOULD LIKE TO PUT THE FOG LITE KIT IN, HAS ANYONE HEARD OF WEST COAST PERFORANCE PARTS THEY SELL A KIT FOR 399. THEY SAY IT WILL BOLT RIGHT IN... THANKS FOR ANY HELP
Old 07-01-2005, 11:24 AM
HeyBob2

Default RE: 05 FOG LITE KIT

I'll let you know next week, I just bought one from them, it's being shipped today.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:44 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Reports on that kit have been mixed. Some people say it's a simple bolt-in installation (or maybe I should say "snap in" as there aren't any fasteners on the grille) and some say it is a real bear to muscle it into place. Apparently not all Mustangs are created equal, so how easy or hard it is to install depends on the karma of your particular stang That said, I've only heard one person say they flat out could not get it in, and it sounded like they were new to the world of mod's. I'm planning on getting this one myself, unless I decide to get the Pony Package grille. I've dealt with bad parts fitment on hot rods for decades, I'm sure I can get this grille to fit one way or another
Old 07-03-2005, 05:46 AM
NOok
1st Gear Member

The problem is that the GT grill is wider. The grill area that the grill goe sinto, is tapered too, so you have a hard time getting the grill into the taperes fit into the bumper.

A couple little snips into the bottom corner of the back of the area on the bumper vinyl, lets it open up a bit for the GT grill to fit. I just did it today, it was going to have to be a force fit without snipping the bumper vinyl, so I just cut 2 snips in the vinyl about 1.5" long, to let the back of the tapered 'receptacle' open and it went right in.

I cut my GT grill's bottom tabs off completely, the 2 on each side will do fine to hold it in, but I went a little extra and used a couple smooth topped christmas trees down into the bottom front of the grill into the bumper for a little added holding power. I'm sure it is overkill though.

Mew OEM parts should you about $250, some time and wiring will finish the kit off.

N
Old 07-03-2005, 11:13 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

i have been talking to mike at street sceen the are almost done with a grill with gt style lights for the v6. i think that is what i am going to use. should be out in a couple of weeks
Old 07-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

==The problem is that the GT grill is wider.==

The kit he is asking about (West Coast on eBay) includes a GT grille that has been modified to fit. The lower tabs are removed and the sides of the grille have been shaved. This is supposed to make it fit right into place, and most people have reported that it does indeed fit right in. Some people have reported trouble getting it in though. The kit also includes some kind of modified latch so that the hood closes properly. And it includes a custom wiring harness with a switch that mounts next to the headlight switch. It's a very complete kit, pretty good deal for 400 bucks.

==i have been talking to mike at street sceen the are almost done with a grill with gt style lights for the v6. i think that is what i am going to use. ==

That's looking like a nice setup. My problem with that one is there is no place for the running pony unless you buy their custom pony. I've got the CDC stars and striped Pony on mine and don't want to lose it.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:51 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

dosent it just clip on ? couldnt it be made to fit. and havent i seen a stars and strip unit that screws on?
Old 07-04-2005, 10:53 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I just bought the GT fog light conversion kit from West Coast Performance parts. I saw other kits and "how-tos" on ebay and other sites, but went with West Coast cause it was a complete conversion. It was a little more, but I think it was worth it. Took me 70 minutes to install, and it looks great. It comes out a bit, but its not noticable. The kit comes with a stock ford fog light switch which is clean and easy to run. The only hard part is getting the grille in, its not that hard but you have to have a little muscle to do it.

Feel free to email me if you have questions. I'll get some pics tomorrow if you are interested.

-T

Old 07-04-2005, 11:50 PM
famewolf

What is the website for "West Coast Performance parts" as google is giving me 10000 hits.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:59 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

http://stores.ebay.com/west-coast-performance-parts

Quick Reply: 05 FOG LITE KIT