Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got It

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 02:56 AM
Flatrock

Default Got It

Finally got my 05 and had to show it to someone who cares, everyone at work is jealous and telling me how impractical it is. Someone asked me today when I was going to grow up, don't want to grow up yet. Just a big kid still with better toys. Besides the back seat is big enough for the kids.

I'm pretty impressed with the power the V6 has. I live in Colorado, took it for a ride in the mountians loaded with 4 people, got up to about 9000 ft and didn't find a grade I couldn't top a 80 +. Very nice for the money. I think the only mods I'm interested in making is dual exhaust.

I haven't been this excited about a car sinse I was 16. Check out the pics at the link below.

http://home.earthlink.net/~rdm1911/graphics.htm
Old 07-01-2005, 04:51 AM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Got It

Hey, welcome to the gang. I also have a legend lime V6 in Colorado Springs. I'm loving it, and don't regret getting the GT for a minute.

I've already had duals done. I got it done at Meineke on N. Academy. They did an excellent job. You can check out the pics here.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:40 AM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

Very nice, you'll love it more as time goes by. Of course I love the Lime. I got a few of the "impractical" things at work too. I always just ask what they drive and then roll my eyes in a very exaggerated way.

I'm working on the duals right now, half done. Tres Wright posted an excellent how-to thread in this section for adding the factory GT take off's which can be had cheaply on e-bay.

Enjoy!
Old 07-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Badash
1st Gear Member

Nice, although i cant see it in the last picture... damn camoflauge
Old 07-01-2005, 03:16 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

Very nice, welcome to the forum! I'm with Badash though, you can't see the Mustang for the trees.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:47 AM
ponytx
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the gang. You only have one life to live, I say live it to the max. Atleast when your 80 you won't be saying, I should have bought that 'stang.