Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

LOOK first 2010 4.0 V-6 with a Demolet intake&tune!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 07:32 PM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

Default LOOK first 2010 4.0 V-6 with a Demolet intake&tune!

You saw it here first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The first 2010 4.0 V-6 mustang to have a Demolet Tunable Inductions full intake, the first 2010 to have chrome shelby razors, the first 2010 to have a custom true full dual exhaust using a cut stock rear fascia, the first to have a mustang.com dead pedal kit&CDC pedal kit, the first to have a gt500 style strut tower bar, the first to have vortex generators installed, the first 2010 to have UPR's underhood strut tower mount&shock cover kit etc. Thanks to Rygen who got me pointed in the right direction to make this happen you rock!
Lots of thanks to John Demolet who worked with me and despite having unforeseen issues arise beyond our control. He never missed a beat, thanks to him and a little work from yours truly mainly I test fitted the system ensuring adequate clearance around everything that nothing rubbed etc. And yes there was some modding involved since the heat shield did not work with the new hood line&fenders it rubbed in several areas and wouldn't allow the hood to close properly. After some tweaking ie *I cut it with a hacksaw and sanded it to shape*the shield was sent back and the new one was installed no problems/blood or sweat*ok maybe a little sweat as it was 90+freakin degrees outside and I was working under the hood of a black car that had just sat in traffic for a freaking half hour*intake was installed clears everything looks stunning and sounds great. First 2010 4.0 to be tunned with a Demolet tune using an SCTX3 hand held tuner removed the speed limiter and adjusted several other parameters from the user adjustable options menu*guess I need to tweak on it a little more as it didn't allow me to rev past 4300 rpm in neutral still* Anyways I'm stoked can't wait to show it tomorrow night at the atlanta motor speedways friday nite drags show n shine on 7/3/09 will post more when I get back from it hopefully I'll take home a trophy.
Below is a sound clip&some pics of the finished product feedback is welcome please keep in mind when listening to the sound clip if you don't at least have a set of speakers it will sound like crap lol rest assured it sounds good in person at least imo and so far the people I work with that have heard it and my neighbors*after I installed the tune/intake I sat there revving it for a while and about 25 kids&car guys came up the street to check it out and see what was what they all said a lot of wow that sounds mean and damn look at those exhaust tips and wow I bet its fast etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHTxNJXLpcg
Old 07-02-2009, 07:58 PM
eme_ms_87
1st Gear Member

thats a mean sounding exhaust, nice car man. In spanish i would say "esta chingon!"
Old 07-02-2009, 08:07 PM
heartinacage
3rd Gear Member

So many firsts. Love the exhaust.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:04 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

i swear you posted at some point that you were not gonna be doing many mods right away...... I knew you could not resist!!
Old 07-02-2009, 11:34 PM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

Never had much use for a v6...... but that exhaust sounds damn nice...... good job
Old 08-03-2009, 01:02 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

what exhaust is that? BTW, I love that intake looks great in my car!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:03 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

ever get the rev limiter fixed? I am having the same problem
Old 08-03-2009, 07:50 PM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

The exhaust is a custom setup using xspower mandrel bent 2.5" piping&h-pipe into roush extreme offroad mufflers that we're customized to fit and ending in 4" double rolled slash cut resonated polished chrome tips very unique imo sounds pretty darn good thanks to the additional sound deadening in the 2010's its actually surprisingly quiet at cruise to Which is nice as my 06 droned like crazy at steady state cruising even though the setups sounded surprisingly similar I think it has to do with the rear muffler placement on these cars bodystyles
Old 08-04-2009, 06:44 AM
Hoofprint
2nd Gear Member

Why didn't you buy a GT?
Old 08-04-2009, 07:30 AM
jtstakelin
2nd Gear Member

No offense but it sounds a little ricey to me in the exhaust area. Intake looks good though

Quick Reply: LOOK first 2010 4.0 V-6 with a Demolet intake&tune!