Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

taillight covers or tint?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 10:40 PM
kidrobotzero
1st Gear Member

Default taillight covers or tint? pics/video at night with brake/reverse/lights on

i searched and couldn't find a good answer so ill ask here

basically which is better. im going for that murdered out blackout look and its my DD. so i want to be able to drive at night and have people at least notice if im braking.

also does blacking out your taillights really get you pulled over more? anyone have any experience or stories getting pulled over for that reason.

i know the covers just are just placed on but i heard they scratch the paint or something along the lines of that. and the tint in permanent unless you decide to take it off. so is it worth it more to just get the cover?

also does anyone know around how much tinting the 3 rear lights would?
also which percentage and where online should i go about getting it? ebay ones any good? also is it hard to do yourself or should a shop do it?
im leaning more towards tint but any suggestions i would appreciate.

thanks

Last edited by kidrobotzero; 07-13-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:07 PM
AmericanMustang07
1st Gear Member

my buddy got the covers...i think they look bad on his car...although his is red.

i'd go tint, just don't cover the reverse lights and shouldn't get pulled over.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:54 AM
09Stang
1st Gear Member

The rear reflectors man.. I got a citation because there were no red reflectors on the back of the car. They didn't say anything about the reverse light. Just the two reflectors being blacked out.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:44 AM
VistaPony6

i actually just got my tailights tinted last week. It cost me about 135$ installed. It IS a little overpriced but the place i got it done is really professional and i trust their work. I got a Medium tint and absolutely love it. I got the whole light done except for the reverse lights. I live in an area where there are ALOT of cops and they are strict and they dont have a problem. If a cop comes up behind you just turn on the parking lights so lights comes through.
-Ariel
Old 07-13-2009, 08:36 AM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

Go with tint. This is my car with two shades of VHT Nightshade and shades of clearcoat after both:
Old 07-13-2009, 09:33 AM
demas
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by staggolee
Go with tint. This is my car with two shades of VHT Nightshade and shades of clearcoat after both:
nice one man
btw, didnt u have DUAL exhaust?? one is dissapear
Old 07-13-2009, 10:49 AM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

thanks, and yeah I still have my duals, this is an old pic haha. I'm on vacation now and can't take new ones til i get back

Last edited by staggolee; 07-13-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:20 AM
kidrobotzero
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09Stang
The rear reflectors man.. I got a citation because there were no red reflectors on the back of the car. They didn't say anything about the reverse light. Just the two reflectors being blacked out.
thats harsh man. how much was your ticket?

Originally Posted by VistaPony6
i actually just got my tailights tinted last week. It cost me about 135$ installed. It IS a little overpriced but the place i got it done is really professional and i trust their work. I got a Medium tint and absolutely love it. I got the whole light done except for the reverse lights. I live in an area where there are ALOT of cops and they are strict and they dont have a problem. If a cop comes up behind you just turn on the parking lights so lights comes through.
-Ariel
where did you buy your tint? can you post a picture maybe?

Originally Posted by staggolee
looks good maybe if you get a chance can you post a pic at night when you get back from vacation...if you decide to come back that is
Old 07-13-2009, 01:52 PM
VistaPony6

yea man, i have to find my camera. But as soon as i do ill post a few pics up 4u.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:18 PM
demas
1st Gear Member

i`m considering to get taillight chrome street scene for my silver 09 stang, what do u say??

Quick Reply: taillight covers or tint?