Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pony pkg fogs to GT fogs

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 04:12 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by Ken04
thanks, I'll look this over one more time. And I meant to say high beam switch ISN'T on. I cycled it through a couple times to make sure.

I saw the harness that plugged into a shorter set of plugs, I thought I examined it pretty closely, but based on your advice I'll scope it out again tonight. Thanks a million for the help.

Naw, just a regular old, run of the mill pony pkg.
No prob.
Let us know if its different than we say so we can ammend the info given...
Old 08-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

I swapped my pony package grill/v6 bumper for a gt bumper with fogs sunday night. The above posts are correct about unplugging the pigtail and plugging the gt fogs directly into the harness.

I had the same problem with the fogs not working! After a bit of farting around with it, I found that the key had to be on or car running. The headlights will work without the key on, but apparently the fogs require the key to be on. I felt like such a dumb a$$ after that. Hopefully it is something stupid like that. Also you know that your fogs will not work with your brights on.

Good luck.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:20 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

Quote:
his was obviously the first thing I did. But it was not to be. The plug for the GT lights has the pins farther apart, the indent for the groove to indicate which way the plug goes in is different and the outside has a different fastener. I even looked at switching the bulbs between the two but they mount quite a bit differently. So as the Street Scene grill came with a complete wiring harness, I spliced just the ends to the two wires per side.END QUOTE

Are you serious? I and hundreds of folks have already done this Ppackage to GT fogs swap.. it is simple plug and play... no splicing at all, you just unplug the 12 inch wire extension, then plug the wire into the GT fogs. BTW... I also sold my PPackage extension wire on here for 20 bucks... thank gawd i didnt "splice it"
Old 08-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Joshspony
I swapped my pony package grill/v6 bumper for a gt bumper with fogs sunday night. The above posts are correct about unplugging the pigtail and plugging the gt fogs directly into the harness.

I had the same problem with the fogs not working! After a bit of farting around with it, I found that the key had to be on or car running. The headlights will work without the key on, but apparently the fogs require the key to be on. I felt like such a dumb a$$ after that. Hopefully it is something stupid like that. Also you know that your fogs will not work with your brights on.

Good luck.
can I join you in the dumb-*** category ? I never thought of that,,,,er,,,,,duh to me. Will try the key switch before I rip everything up again, THANKS !!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:59 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Somethings are so simple yet very difficult if its your first time....
The forum has helped another S197 owner. On to the next problem....
Old 08-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdphillips73
Quote:
his was obviously the first thing I did. But it was not to be. The plug for the GT lights has the pins farther apart, the indent for the groove to indicate which way the plug goes in is different and the outside has a different fastener. I even looked at switching the bulbs between the two but they mount quite a bit differently. So as the Street Scene grill came with a complete wiring harness, I spliced just the ends to the two wires per side.END QUOTE

Are you serious? I and hundreds of folks have already done this Ppackage to GT fogs swap.. it is simple plug and play... no splicing at all, you just unplug the 12 inch wire extension, then plug the wire into the GT fogs. BTW... I also sold my PPackage extension wire on here for 20 bucks... thank gawd i didnt "splice it"
you're my personal hero, thanks for the input, I take it you missed the center mount fog light grill ? If the plugs had fit, they wouldn't have reached the center. I'm so glad you didn't splice yours either, not sure why though.

Last edited by Ken04; 08-07-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:14 AM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157db
yea bro, I appreciate all (well, most) of the posters input. Have never had the fogs on without driving the car with the key on, duh to me. Never crossed my mind to try that. Thankfully there's helpful mustang owners here, thanks !
Old 08-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157db
so yea, after I extended the plugs, since I have center fogs, and turned on the key, 'let there be light'. And I saw that it was good. The running horse emblem went on perfectly (thanks Dean) and got the calipers painted and the new BMR springs and Edelbrock adj panhard bar on. Man that thing was a cinch to adjust. Set it at ride height, then screw it in or out by hand until it was right, dead center. Probably gonna need some BMR LCA's now, just cause,,,,,,,,,,,, a strut tower brace would look cool too, tinted windows, yea probably need em,,,,, Roush hood scoop for an extra 50 hp,,, OK, I gotta stop. Thanks again for the help 157db, and to Joshspony for bringing up the key thing,,,
Old 08-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

ken, glad it was something easy and it worked out

And Remember... KISS

Keep It Simple Stupid
Old 08-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

When I installed my GT-style fogs I had to move the horn. Snapped a clip on my original grill so I can't sell it unfortunately.

Ken

Quick Reply: Pony pkg fogs to GT fogs