Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Customized X-Charger intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 10:15 PM
killdar
2nd Gear Member

is that a diff k&n then the one that comes w/ the x?
Been wondering which is better my c&l or k&n filter
Old 08-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by killdar
is that a diff k&n then the one that comes w/ the x?
Been wondering which is better my c&l or k&n filter
Yes, it's different than the one in the X hipo kit. I needed a different style to fit the FRPP/Bullitt style airbox
Old 08-09-2009, 05:58 PM
09Stang
1st Gear Member

That's the best engine bay I have seen for the six!!
Old 08-09-2009, 06:34 PM
o7 tungsten
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Thanks

I don't think adapting the Roushcharger TB and intake would gain you a thing with the "X", and honestly it's my least favorite intake looks-wise the way it has about 6' of piping wrapped all the way around the engine like a big plastic python.
i agree the piping around the roush sc kills the look.

do you have a pic of how it looked before.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by o7 tungsten
i agree the piping around the roush sc kills the look.

do you have a pic of how it looked before.
Bone Stock:

X-Charger CA Spec:

X-Charger HiPo:

Custom FRPP intake install:

FRPP intake w/ K&N Filter:

Old 08-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Paulejr13
Banned

i want to do this as well, without the xcharger though.. i hhave a cai, but it uses the stock intake elbow

im sure i can do it, but what do u think i can use for the intake elbow??

i mainly want it because i need a nice solid nitrous tap, and my rubber elbow isnt cutting it.

can i use pcv? or abs tubing?? and mimic the same path? i have a steeda maf and intake
Old 04-22-2017, 03:58 PM
CarlosGonz96

I know this is an old post but I've been trying to figure out where he got the intake tubing to fit with the FRPP CAI I've messaged him but no response if anyone learned from him how to make this or if can get in contact with him I would greatly appreciate it
Old 04-22-2017, 04:45 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CarlosGonz96
I know this is an old post but I've been trying to figure out where he got the intake tubing to fit with the FRPP CAI I've messaged him but no response if anyone learned from him how to make this or if can get in contact with him I would greatly appreciate it
Hi Carlos,
I've been only able to work from my phone this past week, and the MF site made answering your pm from the phone near impossible.

I'll try to answer your questions here. What I basically did was get a metal MAF tube from Dave Vanek at Explorer Express. This is the one he uses for the X-charger Xtreme intake, but before it was welded to the shield.
I mated that MAF housing to the Ford Racing piece by removing the curved part of the filter tube and molded on MAF housing, replacing it with the straight section from EE, using careful sanding followed by high strength epoxy.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:50 PM
CarlosGonz96

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Hi Carlos,
I've been only able to work from my phone this past week, and the MF site made answering your pm from the phone near impossible.

I'll try to answer your questions here. What I basically did was get a metal MAF tube from Dave Vanek at Explorer Express. This is the one he uses for the X-charger Xtreme intake, but before it was welded to the shield.
I mated that MAF housing to the Ford Racing piece by removing the curved part of the filter tube and molded on MAF housing, replacing it with the straight section from EE, using careful sanding followed by high strength epoxy.
Hmm alright, I'll try to get in contact with Dave. The only thing I'm wondering is I think my metal intake tube is at a slightly greater bend than yours. Dave mentioned the current air boxes are at a different size which is why I couldn't fit the plastic intake tube I found that went with the original kit.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:55 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

If you have any photos of your setup, I'd be glad to look and see if I can offer any suggestions.

Quick Reply: Customized X-Charger intake