Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My Stangs Journey

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 10:18 PM
kenny17
2nd Gear Member

Default My Stangs Journey UPDATE

Finally realizing one day I needed to work to get what I wanted, I went out looking for a job. A month later and a job snagged with a consistant set of hours.. the search began. Week after week and just didn't find that car I wanted until I drove by a ford dealership in south orange county. Sitting in the lot was a Tungsten grey V6 pony package mustang with silver 10" racing stripes. I just couldn't leave without it.

This was taken the day I got my car with my phone

As you can imagine I was stoked. I set my mind to this car, went out and worked for it and got it. Now that little bug started to itch once I found MF and the spending has slowly started. I started with tailight covers and a blackout panel. After that I just couldnt stand a giant wire sticking outta my hood so along came the 8" shorty. Then of course I wanted that sound that a mustang should be known for and bought a single axel-back American Thunder exhaust to satisfy my needs FOR NOW.

After getting those mods I just felt like something was missing to give a little more of that mean look I wanted. So next paycheck, the order for a set of Roush Louvers goes in. Received them after I got off work at 10PM one night and couldn't wait and had to install them right then.

As of tonight, this is my car.. after a wash I decided to TRY and get some decent looking shots of it.

Since Im only 18 and pay for my car myself I'm very proud of it. Most kids my age where I live are driving Mercedes and BMW's that their parents bought them so knowing I work and pay for something I love makes it that much more enjoyable.

I have a couples more things coming in the near future. I have a street scene center fog grille sitting in my garage that will go in once I receive the fogs for it. A gt500 spoiler will go on sooner or later. And after chatting with a fellow member on here, dual exhaust will shortly be arriving.. hopefully by the end of this month.
Ill for sure be keeping this thread updated with pictures of my new mods to share with you all. Just wanted to share my pride and joy with you all! Hope you enjoy its journey to becoming another badass stang.

Last edited by kenny17; 12-27-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

Hey man, it looks really nice. I think you should finish the stripes down the bumpers though. Lets see some window tint. Check out my profile, my tungsten has the windows with 35% tint on the fronts and 20% tint on the 1/4s and back.

When are you moving under the hood? After your exhaust, the next thing to look into is a cold-air-intake (CAI) and a tune. But remember, with tunes, get a custom tune form Bamachips, Brenspeed, or VMP, not a canned tune from american muscle or others. Read up on the tunes and get one from a reputable tune writter.

Good luck, and congrats on YOUR car!!
Old 10-02-2009, 10:52 PM
project85
3rd Gear Member

I'm with you man... be proud
Old 10-02-2009, 10:55 PM
kenny17
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I do plan on finishing the stripes because it just doesnt look complete, I want to find somwhere that will just sell me stripes to finish out what I dont have instead of buying a whole new set. Window tint I do really want to get but when I look at it like getting tint vs. dual exhaust, the exhaust sounds better haha. As for performance mods, I don't really plan on doing much, the CAI/Tune I will do at some point but other than that I have no plans.
Thanks! your tint looks good.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Very nice clean looking Pony, Congrats
Old 10-03-2009, 06:16 AM
5T4NG
2nd Gear Member

hell yeah! my v6 is my 4 car i've bought with my own money. i looked for gts but the insurance was a little higher lol and the price/mileage ratio, so i had to settle with a v6
Old 10-03-2009, 08:47 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Looks great Kenny, I agree on the stripes. And you should be proud of your car, not only because it is your first car and you paid for it, but because it is a Mustang!
Old 10-03-2009, 08:51 AM
guitarist4life
2nd Gear Member

awesome job thus far! Nothing better feeling then reaping the rewards of your hard labor. At 18 not bad at all. I can understand why u went sixxer due to insurance and all. Keep it up man, and keep us posted.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

Kenny, I agree exhaust before tint. I went the other way around, but I got a good deal on the tinting or I wouldn't have. You can do the tinting yourself with precut kits. Roughly $40 for all the film and directions and I think the tools too. Don't get it off ebay though. I have a relative that sells the higher grade precuts, if your interested PM me for the website.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:58 AM
kenny17
2nd Gear Member

I dunno how good a job I'd do putting tint on myself ha. But yeah thank you everyone! And yes to the couple of you that mentioned.. I did get a 6er because the insurance was just outta my range with a GT but Im happy with what I got of course! The gt500 will come in the future the far far future haha

Quick Reply: My Stangs Journey