Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MY exhaust idea- is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 10:39 PM
Saltfli

Default MY exhaust idea- is it possible?

I have an 05 v6 mustang and like a lot of people want to put duals on, but I don't want it to be run of the mill duals I want them to stand out a little.

I have always likes the look on the older corvettes (70's) where you can see some of the workings under the car from behind, that is what I want to do with my stang but want to see if it is possible first-

I want to get the univeral borlas but I want them to angle up a little so you can see the two exhausts pretty well from behind, so there not hidden behind the bumper. I know some 350z's have them like this and it works with the two valences in the bumper. It looks really nice with the shinny chrome from behind, i'm not talking a huge angle, just enough-

Here is a link that shows a little of what i'm talking about- I know I wouldn't be able to pull this off by myself, I need pipes at the right angles, so i'm thinking of pitching this idea to mineke unless someone here can tell me any downfalls to not running the pipes straight..
http://www.clarksautomotive.com/imag..._exhaust_1.jpg
Old 07-13-2005, 11:05 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: MY exhaust idea- is it possible?

If your going for the "ricer" look rather than the "muscle" look then this would be a good application for you. Not my cup of tea.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:21 PM
Saltfli

Hmm I didn't consider it would turn out "ricer" you bring a good point, I was more learning torward the look the older vettes had where you can get a peek of the undercarrage by looking at it from behind. I just want something different, I was thinking of a polished black borla exhaust (maybe a motorcycle shop can do that) because my car is black..... I don't know- the coffins are going for big money on ebay now, wish I jumped on that when they first came out... I also wish ford racing would throw some pics up on there site, and some sound clips
Old 07-13-2005, 11:43 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

I have larger than normal chrome tips on my duals. Not fart cans mind you, but bigger than the stock GT duals. You can see the new tip if you look closely to my sig photo. I think the duals add a balance to the rear view of thr 2005 V6 and they sure sound a lot meaner than the stock setup. Good luck either way you go.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:58 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

For a corvette look, there is a saleen body kit that has a exhaust that looks similiar. They are rectangular and centered in the back of the car. Not sure if that helps, oh, and cervinis makes a kit where the exhaust comes out the sides under the doors like some of the old vettes. I'm with NCMustangMan though, I'm going for 3 inch pipes that look mean out the rear.