Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT front bumper conversion

Old 07-18-2005, 02:10 AM
Shaun81

Default RE: GT front bumper conversion

Gameon,

Its not to hard just clips and the like just jack it up and take the front wheels off and remove the front fender liners. It's pretty much just pull and unclip from there (no need to remove the headlights or anything). Cars today are built like legos Also some people complain about the front bumper foam but I didnt have any trouble with it. If it sticks out to much just cut a little off it, take your time and you should be fine, wouldn't hurt to get a friend to help you with it tho.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:21 AM
LIVNBIG
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shaun81

Gameon,

Its not to hard just clips and the like just jack it up and take the front wheels off and remove the front fender liners. It's pretty much just pull and unclip from there (no need to remove the headlights or anything). Cars today are built like legos Also some people complain about the front bumper foam but I didnt have any trouble with it. If it sticks out to much just cut a little off it, take your time and you should be fine, wouldn't hurt to get a friend to help you with it tho.
I didn't even need to take the front wheels off when I removed the wheel wells on mine! Get yourself and angled phillips from the hardware store, it will work on all the well screws and there is enough room to reach in for the back screws, turn the wheel if ya need more room! Saves a little time.
My 2 cents..
Old 07-18-2005, 02:27 AM
Gameon

How about the rear? easy also?
Old 07-18-2005, 02:47 AM
LIVNBIG
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gameon

How about the rear? easy also?
Rear is easy too..just take your time! I had my wife help me when It came time to pull it away from the car!! You don't want to scratch anything. After you remove the rear screws, the side of the bumper just snaps out!! Just pull it, sounds scary, but it pops right out! You also have to remove the screws inside the rear trunk! You'll have to remove the wire loom package from it and put it on your new bumper! The strip is pop-riveted on! So, I have a new toy now! As with the front, just take your time. I had some cardboard that I used to keep all the screws in order. Goofy fender patterns all over em..

Here's a pic of the rear wire loom

[IMG]local://upfiles/9583/2A9C34DCE3A34DA5903C8DED9A31D6E0.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-18-2005, 08:44 AM
Shaun81

I didn't even need to take the front wheels off when I removed the wheel wells on mine! Get yourself and angled phillips from the hardware store, it will work on all the well screws and there is enough room to reach in for the back screws, turn the wheel if ya need more room! Saves a little time.
My 2 cents..
Yea I shoulda mentioned I was preping to paint my calipers black so I had all four wheels off while I was changing the bumpers out. Didn't really check for clearance with them on, good tip

Btw Livin I dig the Sunroof!
Old 07-18-2005, 01:25 PM
LIVNBIG
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shaun81

Btw Livin I dig the Sunroof!
Thanks Shaun...
Old 07-18-2005, 06:06 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Ok, placed the order with KC for the bolts and what not. Expect to start install on Monday of next week. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks for all your tips, I may be back with questions.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:50 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I read all these posts on things to look for, anythign else I need to watch out for. I want to pass it on to my body shop. This will probably be the first 05 mustang they get.