Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Is Bamachips back to normal yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 01:34 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

why wasnt evolution considered in this?? ive heard nothing bad bout these guys.

Last edited by legendlime05; 10-17-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:49 AM
shanec
4th Gear Member

I know that there was some problems with orders taking a long time from Bamachips recently due to an employee quitting. Has anyone order tunes from them lately? Did they take a long time or are they back on track with the normal wait?
What's normal for Bamachips? Not answering the phone? Almost never responding to emails? Weeks to get orders out? Or just sending out the wrong tunes?

Last edited by shanec; 10-18-2009 at 01:51 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:05 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Let's try and keep the thread going but without turning it into a bamachips bashing thread please
Old 10-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
Let's try and keep the thread going but without turning it into a bamachips bashing thread please
i agree... frustration is absolutely understandable but not when it starts heading down the road of unfair bashing. bama's lack of quick customer service is a recent trend and only seems to have developed after so much praise on the forums for doug's tunes which resulted in an overflow of orders. not at all an excuse for non-response business but it shouldnt be looked at as a lack of commitment from bama. i'm sure bama will work things out and hire reliable/quality help.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:26 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Doug is a very busy guy. He has had help a couple times but its temporary most of the time it seems. He also is busy with mobile stuff so he is not always at the 'office' I do have his cell in emergencies if needed but never have used it.

the tunes are worth it, he will update them for free if needed last i heard. I am sorry some of you are having some delays but i assure you he is working as best he can to meet everyones needs and get the tunes out as fast as he can.

I know and most will agree that if you do get him on the phone he is a great guy and will help you out with just about anything.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:58 PM
bux59

got my intake this morning put it on tried to load the custom tunes and it doesnt work it said they dont match the vehicle ... so i loaded the canned jlt 93 tune and i was happy enough with it till the engine light came on with running lean banks 1 & 2 ...
Old 10-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bux59
got my intake this morning put it on tried to load the custom tunes and it doesnt work it said they dont match the vehicle ... so i loaded the canned jlt 93 tune and i was happy enough with it till the engine light came on with running lean banks 1 & 2 ...
your situation has to be extremely frustrating... hopefully it gets resolved ASAP.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:23 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

hey guys some good news:
ordered a race tune on the 16th
got it today (the 20th)
thats 4 days including the wknd
this might be a sign that things are getting back to normal
Old 10-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

I feel for all that are frustrated. Mine took from 7/28 till 9/20. But once I got it and tried it out, I am very happy with the cai & tunes. I think next time I order tunes, I will order from bama. I will call and verify a promise date first, but I will order from doug again.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:13 PM
laterider
2nd Gear Member

I definitely still want a bama tune, but I'm getting gears very soon so what I've done is to order a tuner from another source and then I will later buy a single tune from Doug when I think I know which is the best for my situation. Yeah, I'll be paying $50.00 or more for this, but I just wanted to have a tuner ready for when the gears get installed. He probably doesn't make that much on selling the tuner itself, so that little bit of profit will be brenspeed's. Not to hijack here, but how's brenspeed been doing on shipping - lol? I have to have the gears ordered (put money down), but I don't want to do it too early. Brenspeed order went in yesterday.

Quick Reply: Is Bamachips back to normal yet?