MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   Is Bamachips back to normal yet? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/568056-is-bamachips-back-to-normal-yet.html)

2010V6Stang 10-13-2009 09:52 PM

Is Bamachips back to normal yet?

I know that there was some problems with orders taking a long time from Bamachips recently due to an employee quitting. Has anyone order tunes from them lately? Did they take a long time or are they back on track with the normal wait?

808muscle 10-14-2009 12:48 AM

I was thinking the same thing myself. I sent Doug an email late last week and just got my reply today. I actually was pleasantly surprised too....after reading tons of posts about people waiting to get their stuff.

I actually talked with brenspeed today. They were very informative and answered all my questions. I am torn whom to order from. I really want dougs tunes but I cant wait a month for my stuff......I am way too impatient. A week or two no biggie, but not a month.

Hopefully someone will chime in soon. I need some gofast bad!!

patrick

Sancho805 10-14-2009 01:47 AM

Brenspeed has a good rep as far as tunes go. i'm sure you would be satisfied if you went with them instead of Bama. even if Bama tunes are any better, i highly doubt there would be any significant/noticeable difference compared to Brenspeed. its a "no lose" situation IMO.

808muscle 10-14-2009 02:19 AM

Yeah prolly so......I will end up with one of them!

patrick

antonio1988 10-14-2009 07:10 AM

Doug needs to hire more people and if he's getting 30 orders a day for just email tunes, he's making more than enough off just those to hire at least some part time help to at least pick up the goddamn phones

rdsx18 10-14-2009 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by antonio1988 (Post 6568138)
Doug needs to hire more people and if he's getting 30 orders a day for just email tunes, he's making more than enough off just those to hire at least some part time help to at least pick up the goddamn phones

Truth. I emailed him a couple months before inspection to ask if he turns off the rear o2's on his tunes (which I now know he does) and he never got back to me. I wouldn't mind waiting for a tune, but if I call or email I'd like a quick response.

ODDYSEY 10-14-2009 08:09 AM

It is hit/miss, I emailed him before and got a reply back by the next day.

tigercrazy718 10-14-2009 08:50 AM

well he is definitely not back to normal in the call/email response part bc i sent him two emails last week and 2 this week and i only got a response to one of the ones i sent this week about 3 days later i think it was
so i seriously doubt he is back to normal on the tunes
and he still DOESNT ANSWER THE PHONE!!!!!!
thats what pisses me off the most
i would go with brenspeed when i talked with them the other week when i thought i was just gonna cancel my order with doug they told me their c&l with xcal 3 package was 20 bucks cheaper too i think
ill be getting my cai finally this friday 4 weeks after i placed the order

2010V6Stang 10-14-2009 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by 808muscle (Post 6567901)
I was thinking the same thing myself. I sent Doug an email late last week and just got my reply today. I actually was pleasantly surprised too....after reading tons of posts about people waiting to get their stuff.

I actually talked with brenspeed today. They were very informative and answered all my questions. I am torn whom to order from. I really want dougs tunes but I cant wait a month for my stuff......I am way too impatient. A week or two no biggie, but not a month.

Hopefully someone will chime in soon. I need some gofast bad!!

patrick

I am literally in the same position as you, I am torn and would prefer Bama. Does anyone know if Bama or Brenspeed is better for your engine or are they about the same?

rdsx18 10-14-2009 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by 2010V6Stang (Post 6568273)
I am literally in the same position as you, I am torn and would prefer Bama. Does anyone know if Bama or Brenspeed is better for your engine or are they about the same?

They are the same, but Bama is said to make a better tune for the auto. I wouldn't know though, because I have a manual. However, I will tell you Brenspeed has top notch customer service and I would highly recommend them to anybody just because it is nice to know that if you have a problem they will help you.