Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New V6 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 07:11 PM
IndecisiveS197
2nd Gear Member

I fully support the grille idea cause I'm looking to do the same thing on mine.

American Muscle used to have these in black chrome(like up until like two days ago or something...)

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005-v...gs-chrome.html

EDIT: I found the black chrome ones...they changed the picture heh.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...me-0509v6.html

Anyways, I like these ones cause they go right to the edge(what I think they should do), and come with the bulbs and wiring harness so with kits like the street scene kit, if yours isn't a pony package, (just like mine) you have to buy the harness separately.

The only thing that I've read on this one is that you really do have to seal the foglights with silicone before you install them or else they'll get moisture inside.

I got the BBK intake(no tune yet) and I definitely love it. I don't FEEL any real power difference(probably because of a lack of a tune) but it definitely makes the engine bay prettier.

May i also suggest a hood strut kit.

Check out the Roush louvres. I was a bit hesitant on them but when I went into the show room to check out the roush spoiler(on a 427R) I feel in love with the louvres as well
Old 10-25-2009, 09:42 AM
keenraven

Thanks so much for all the input!

Especially the throttle body thing, you guys just saved me $300!
Leather seats- how much will that run me? It sounds nice, but expensive.

I essentially have around 2k to spend in the next few months, so I'd deff like to get the most bang for the buck.

Quarter louvres- yeah, I was talking about the remove glass variety on American Muscle. I'm not a huge fan of the clamp on ones, I like that these sit flush; that said, I have no idea how to install, or how much it would cost me to get it done.

Anyone point me to a link of the hinged rear louvres? Didn't see any on Ameircan Muscle, but that sounds like a good idea..

Thanks so much for the input!
Old 10-25-2009, 12:27 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Here are some ideas you may like:

Get a GT front appearance package from Newtakeoff.com $380
-includes bumper and grille with fogs
Get GT rear bumper $150
Get true dual exhaust ~$300 at local shop
-get GT manual takeoff mufflers ~$30
Get a cold air intake and tune
-I got mine with tuner and tunes for $210 by watching this forum. Makes a world of difference on my car

TB are a waste of money.

If your mileage is around 30k and you havent, change the fuel filter, you will see your performance come back.

Also, if you don't like your side stripe that says Mustang, you can remove it with a hair dryer.

Last edited by JCON; 10-25-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:35 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Avalanch3
Black stripes look good!

And you don't need to go bumper to bumper, in the back I got a magnetic blackout panel instead and it looks great!

True another option for stripes, but I personally like the "complete" look with it going all the way down the bumper.
It's all a matter of opinion anyway.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:41 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by keenraven
Thanks so much for all the input!

Especially the throttle body thing, you guys just saved me $300!
Leather seats- how much will that run me? It sounds nice, but expensive.

I essentially have around 2k to spend in the next few months, so I'd deff like to get the most bang for the buck.

Quarter louvres- yeah, I was talking about the remove glass variety on American Muscle. I'm not a huge fan of the clamp on ones, I like that these sit flush; that said, I have no idea how to install, or how much it would cost me to get it done.

Anyone point me to a link of the hinged rear louvres? Didn't see any on Ameircan Muscle, but that sounds like a good idea..

Thanks so much for the input!
Here's the link for the rear louvers. Once in a while I see them on Amazon.com for less;

http://store.mrt-direct.com/12a006.html

Whatever you do, do not get the plastic kind. Over time they do deteriorate and fade. I had the hinged aluminium ones on my '82 GT that I absolutely loved! I do plan to put some on my current Mustang in the future.