MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   Fastest NA 4.0L V6 Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/570356-fastest-na-4-0l-v6-mustang.html)

rygenstormlocke 10-26-2009 07:52 PM

Fastest NA 4.0L V6 Mustang

Thought you all would be interested in this one. This is about Tony's car (ranebowcyxx), not sure if he posts here anymore. But he just got the record for all motor 4.0 fastest ET, with two 13.6 passes. His car is different from Chris's, as he has PH heads/cams...and ran his in full street trim.

This was at MIR last monday, Oct. 19th via a private rental. He typically runs FR500's on his car, but in drag trim, he runs sleeper mode in stock V6 wheels, with some M&H DR's. Car also went 12.4 on a 100 shot cutting 1.6x 60fts and he actually got air on his launches. The corvette guys at the private rental where thoroughly impressed with his car.

http://www.mustangcollective.com/cpg...pics/more2.jpg

And..

http://www.mustangcollective.com/ima...4f12be3a41.jpg

Heres his post on it...

Originally Posted by ranebowcyxx
I have had a few requests to sum up the mods on my car. The fact is it isn't much of a list, I may hold a record in that my car has seen three different power adders, 5 gear swaps, three completely different exhaust systems, two torque converters and a myriad of appearance changes.

I have never had failure of any stock component on the car.

For this write up I'm just going to focus on what is on the car now.

Power:

The stars of the show, custom ground cams and ported and polished heads. The heads were machined to accept Cobra valvesprings. (I have had shift points set as high as 7,000 rpm). The short block is completely stock. Current exhaust consists of shorty headers feeding a stock exhaust system from the cats all the way back. Yep single exhaust and it runs mid 12s.

Zex 82034 kit - 100 hp jets, just pulled 4 degrees of timing from my tune, no other changes for the 93 octane fuel tune, no race gas at this time. No window switch, no purge, just the base kit. The thing is a breeze to install.

Powertrain:

Stock 5R trans with a Supernatural TC at 3,500 - it really rocks.
Stock driveshaft ( I must be the last person in the world still running a stock DS)
Ford take out 8.8 with Tlok and FRPP 4.10s

Chassis/Suspension:

BMR sway bar delete
Competition Engineering coil overs with adjustable shocks
CHE Anti squat brackets
CHE non adjustable LCAs
Stock UCA

Misc:

KB 40 amp BAP
Stock fuel pump
39# injectors
TI Intake - AWESOME!
M&H 255 DRs
SLP Line Lock

Also, an awesome tune by Excessive and Doug's incredible tranny tune.

I think that's all.

staggolee 10-26-2009 08:06 PM

Very cool, thanks for sharing. It's surprising he's using the stock driveshaft and even more interesting his exhaust is pretty much stock too, I can't imagine the shorties count for much.

rygenstormlocke 10-26-2009 08:10 PM

He does have an 06, so it does have the retainer clips. But yea, he does not have many supporting mods. Whats ironic is I had my skinnies with me....they were laying on the ground next to our cars...and not until after the rental did we even think we could have bolted them on to his car for more ET.

pascal 10-26-2009 08:13 PM

Another good one for the sixxer community.
Congrats to him! ;)
Thanks for sharing Rygen. :)

rygenstormlocke 10-26-2009 08:24 PM

More info on his runs...

Originally Posted by ranebowcyxx
Only my fourth time out this year, but what a day to end the season with.

Finally broke 14s all motor.

13.63 backed by a 13.64 within a half hour. To say I was stoked would be an understatement.

I just rolled up, cleaned the tires, staged and nailed it from idle. 60ft were sub 2.0 as well. 97 MPH were the trap speeds.

Then it was time once again for the juice. Some of you may remember I ran a 75 shot a BB2 and ran 12.8's

Today I ran two 12.5s and a 12.4 at 107 on a 100 shot. The reason I wasn't faster on the 100 was because the bottle was cold (only 750 PSI) and before at the Brawl, I had LTs and straight pipe for exhaust, now I have a much more restrictive stock V6 exhaust with shorties.

The second most exciting stat for me was the 1.67 60 ft! It was the first time my car ever impressed me from the line, I had a grin all the way down the track, what a rush.

Todd calls me a minimilist, and in my suspension I think I have gotten away with relativley minor changes. CHE fixed LCAs, MMR coil overs with 50/50 shocks, that's it. Stock UCA and panhard round out the rest.

I need to take a moment and plug some very important people on this:
  • Excessive Motorsport for the tune - 270 HP NA and 18 MPG round trip to the track and racing. (on 4.10 gears)
  • Doug at Bama Chips for marrying his world famous trans tune to the excessive tune, in a word, awesome!
  • John Demolet for his wonderfully efficient TI intake - that thing rocks, definately bang for the buck there
  • Supernatural for the 3500 stall
  • Last but not least my local shop-Keith's Pit Stop in Gettysburg PA, 5 ring and pinion swaps (in this car!) and never ever a problem. Keith also does a lot of the other work I don't do and fixes the **** I break :biggrin:
This is the last hurrah for this motor (at least for me it is) the 5.4 build is getting back on track and should be ready in the Spring.

Grabber 10-26-2009 08:36 PM

VERY IMPRESSIVE!

Is his car still considered N/A even with a 100 shot? This goes both ways, and everyone has an opinion.

Man, that is a sleeper. Much respect to that car and the owner.

rygenstormlocke 10-26-2009 08:38 PM

He ran the car all motor and on the 100 shot. On motor only it went 13.6. On the 100 shot it went 12.4. I was speaking to his 13.6 runs in regards to NA.

Grabber 10-26-2009 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke (Post 6596306)
He ran the car all motor and on the 100 shot. On motor only it went 13.6. On the 100 shot it went 12.4. I was speaking to his 13.6 runs in regards to NA.

I knew that. I was just asking if on the 100 shot if that is still technically considered N/A, and all motor. There are a ton of debates, and I just wanted your opinion Rygen.

Is this guy also on the collective?

rygenstormlocke 10-26-2009 08:47 PM

He is, he is an admin over there. To me, Nitrous is a form of FI. There's a bunch of 4.0 folks over here, I thought they would like to know what a 4.0 can do with heads and cams.

Grabber 10-26-2009 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke (Post 6596334)
He is, he is an admin over there. To me, Nitrous is a form of FI. There's a bunch of 4.0 folks over here, I thought they would like to know what a 4.0 can do with heads and cams.

I totally agree. I just wanted an extra opinion. You know what I am saying when some of the GT owners tend to crap on these threads, ya know.

That's cool. Collective is a great site. I know there are a ton over here, but I haven't seen as many there. I know you and Fazm are there.

Anyhow, this V6 rocks, complete Sleeper tastefully done.