Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

custom aluminum intakes for the 4.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 07:56 PM
rampant racing
1st Gear Member

thanks jim! i wasn't aware the tension had eased.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:21 PM
rampant racing
1st Gear Member

would you guys prefer if these intakes were polished(more expensive ) or bead blasted(a satin style smooth finish) or raw alluminum.myself i like bead blasted.i am not offering powder coat in any color.that is something that you can do if you wish.i may make it with a removable top that could be polished and leave the lower part bead blasted.let me know.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

polished would look beautiful for show purpose but bead blasted should be the default. raw alum would work great for those who want to shoot it with a can of high temp ceramic engine paint with color of their choice. JMO.

also, good to know that this offer will be up for the long run. there are many of us still waiting for the funds to get a big power adder (including myself). this is an awesome big power "supplement" option, assuming all tests are a success. thanks again for the posts and info.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:17 PM
rampant racing
1st Gear Member

no problem sancho.it's off to the water jet next week to cut the baseplate and center plate for the intake.these things are cool.can cut a design to within 1/2 of a thou in tolerance so i am told by my machinist.the best part is once it is in the computer it can be done exactly the same everytime.cutting down on fab time.and so the saga continues
tune in next time when we ask the question "do we really need an egr valve" don't miss the spine tingling anwser!!
Old 11-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

lol... nice.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:29 PM
rampant racing
1st Gear Member

PLEASE READ THE POST I MADE ON THE COLLECTIVE ABOUT THE SHAPE OF THE TOP OF THE MANIFOLD. flat top or arched top? flat =more work=more$.arched =less weight/faster fab time=less money.both will look good.let me know but read the other post first.thanks and please don't wait too long as i got my finger out.

Last edited by rampant racing; 11-08-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:41 PM
rampant racing
1st Gear Member

MY APPOLOGIES TO THE OWNER OF THE FORUM AND THE THE ADMINISTRATION WHO RUN IT FOR ASKING MEMBERS TO LOOK ON ANOTHER FORM TO SEE MY POSTS/RESULTS OF THE INTAKE PROJECT.WAS NOT REALLY TRYING TO SOLICATE SALES BUT MORE OF A MARKET RESEARCH/POLL TO SEE IF ANYONE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THESE INTAKES SHOULD I DECIDE TO GO FORWARD WITH IT AS A BUISNESS OF SOME KIND.IF IT DOES I WILL BE GLAD TO PAY ADVERTISING COSTS EVEN IF IT DOES PUT THE COST OF THE INTAKE UP.AS IN ANY BUISNESS IT COMES OUT OF THE OWNERS POCKET FOR ADVERTISING .BUT IT HAS TO GET INTO MY POCKET FROM SOMEWHERE.BUT LIKE I SAID BEFFORE IT WON'T EVEN BE TRACK TESTED TILL SPRING.SO NO WORRIES FOR A WHILE YET.I THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY PROJECT .ONCE AGAIN MY APPOLOGIES. GARY FRASER
Old 11-11-2009, 04:04 PM
rampant racing
1st Gear Member

well i managed to get the new runners flow tested today and got some great results.they flowed 327.6 cfm as compared to an avg.of about 273cfm for the stock intake.this flow test was done without a radius on the runner mouth(as it will be when finished) and i expect the runners to improve to about 350 cfm each with the radius on the plenum floor as it enters the runner.this will provide enough air for any 4.0 mods at ANY HP LEVEL.can't wait to get this on my car .i hope to have it all welded together by this time next week and then some final machining for flatness and threading of a few holes and she's good to go!
Old 11-12-2009, 05:36 PM
rampant racing
1st Gear Member

no more posts for a while as i am going out of town for a while to work.be back in about a month.leaving sunday.still hope to have my manifold done by xmas though.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

looking forward for more tests and results. good luck.

Quick Reply: custom aluminum intakes for the 4.0