Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SHR Louvers came today!

Old 11-24-2009, 12:54 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default SHR Louvers came today!

I'm so excited! I bought a set off of eBay from a guy who purchased them new and painted black for his GT. Unfortunately he wrecked his car before he could install them. He sold them to me for $40.00. I'm taking them to the shop tomorrow to have them painted Vista Blue and later have them installed.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:15 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Awesome! Post pictures when you get them installed, I still want those for my car.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:17 PM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

congrats, cant wait to see pictures
Old 11-24-2009, 02:07 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Right now I'm in the process of getting quotes for the install. One company wanted $150.00....NOT! I'd do it myself before I shell out that kind of money.
I will get pictures up once everything is complete.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Are getting quotes from a body shop or car window/windshield shop? For the mininal investment in the removal kit from SHR, you might be better off doing it yourself.

Nice find BTW as those are the best louvers out there and will look great on your car!!
Old 11-24-2009, 02:38 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Quotes are from a glass shop. I have looked at the How Too section that Taco Bill wrote up and I am sure my husband and I could do it, but I don't have the adhesives nor the tools to get the windows out.
I just wrote to a local Mustang club to see if they have any recommendations.

I guess my last alternative would be to purchase the necessary tools to do the job.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:01 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Plenty of glass shops do it for $75 here in Orlando...
I'm sure someone can match that in Virginia.
If not, do it yourself with hubby.

Good luck.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Deadbeat
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
I'm so excited! I bought a set off of eBay from a guy who purchased them new and painted black for his GT. Unfortunately he wrecked his car before he could install them. He sold them to me for $40.00. I'm taking them to the shop tomorrow to have them painted Vista Blue and later have them installed.

...you bastard
jk

Good find! I'm planning on getting those after I get my rear louver from Cervini. Wow, you really got a good deal (obviously, lol).

Has anyone seen those with the trim painted the body color but the middle black or satin black? I'd love to see how that would look. Sorry, I don't mean to hijck your thread
Old 11-24-2009, 09:21 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Deadbeat
...you bastard
jk

Good find! I'm planning on getting those after I get my rear louver from Cervini. Wow, you really got a good deal (obviously, lol).

Has anyone seen those with the trim painted the body color but the middle black or satin black? I'd love to see how that would look. Sorry, I don't mean to hijck your thread
Are you getting Aluminum or the AB Plastic? I would strongly recommend hinged aluminum. I had them on my '82 GT. So much easier to clean the back glass.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Deadbeat
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Are you getting Aluminum or the AB Plastic? I would strongly recommend hinged aluminum. I had them on my '82 GT. So much easier to clean the back glass.
I'll be going with the Alumunum. I was thinking about the AB to save some weight, but like you said, it'll be easier to clean with the hinged one and they look better, imo. Plus, my GF really likes the Aluminum ones and wants me to buy em ASAP, lol. Hopefully I'll be able to get them before X-Mas or New Years.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SHR Louvers came today!