Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just Got My 05 stang need to know what to do

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 05:34 PM
satguy
1st Gear Member

If you dont have the my color speedometer thats what I did to mine first thing. choose over 125 colors and check your gas milage with lots of cool things many other cars have, check your manuel. But mine already had lots of other things done to it already. Just search my color on the net and you will see what I mean
Old 12-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Noodle23
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by legendlime05
i have an x pipe back muffler set up, ill be willing to sell. its a pypes x into gt take offs. its everything you need but the drivers side hanger.
How much do you want for it and how much is the driver side hangers going to cost if you know that is
Old 12-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Noodle23
I want to some performance and some looks i mostly need help on which exhaust to get and which CAI i should get. I get some pics up soon. Its not much to look at now. I was looking at the stripe kits on American Muscle does anyone know how hard they are to put on.
Welcome to MF. Exhaust and CAI is a lot of preference, everybody says they like theirs the best. As far as the exhaust goes, you need to listen to some to decide which you like best - "Youtube." A lot of people go with an x pipe and get some gt take off mufflers, (there are mufflers for manuals & autos, manuals are louder). Even though your car is an automatic, you can put on "manual" mufflers, its just a sound thing.

The CAI is a little different, if you want it for performance get a CAI/tune, if you just want it to look cool under the hood then you can just get the cai. A cai without a tune is pretty much pointless. The tune gives you the gains, the tune just helps you get the most out of your car. Being an auto (like mine) you will notice the tune makes it drive a lot better. The tune will change shift points, get rid of the throttle lag, and dial the engine in for a specific octane fuel. Best tunes come from tuners like BamaChips, Brenspeed, and others, not americanmuscle.com.

Do a search on this forum for cai's and you will find a wealth of info.
Exhaust: I have a Borla X pipe with dual Borla mufflers - and love'em
CAI: C&L cai/Xcal3 tuner from bamachips - and love it
Old 12-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Noodle23
2nd Gear Member

Hey thanks for the info will definately look for tunes now and thanks for the heads on AM tunes
Old 12-01-2009, 08:12 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Noodle23
Hey thanks for the info will definately look for tunes now and thanks for the heads on AM tunes
This is the CAI/Tune I'm going to go with in the spring. Not a bad price either;

JLT Cold Air Intake/SCT X-3 Tuner Package

http://jlttruecoldair.com/zencart/in...roducts_id=109
Old 12-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

i think the best package out there is bamachips custom tunes, C&L intake, and SCT X3.
its just a little expensive at $624
http://www.bamachips.com/store/index...roducts_id=174

if your thinking of take off GT exhaust id go with:
http://www.newtakeoff.com/mustang_V6...2005-2009.aspx
everything is in one place for only $300

appearance is up to you, i went black out style, but with some classic mustang accents

Last edited by Stang-aholic; 12-01-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:56 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stang-aholic
i think the best package out there is bamachips custom tunes, C&L intake, and SCT X3.
its just a little expensive at $624
http://www.bamachips.com/store/index...roducts_id=174

if your thinking of take off GT exhaust id go with:
http://www.newtakeoff.com/mustang_V6...2005-2009.aspx
everything is in one place for only $300

appearance is up to you, i went black out style, but with some classic mustang accents
I think Bamachips is the most popular but not necessary the best.
Since the JTL shop is 5 minutes from me, I'm going to pay them $15.00 extra to install and tune it to my car.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

thats lucky i wish i had a shop that close to me. but since there isnt anyone close to me i decided on bamachips because of their good customer service.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:56 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your new Mustang! You definatly need to get a cai & tuner. With dual exhausts this will really wake up your V6 and makes it run & sound like a Mustang should. If your a little strapped for cash this time of the year vmptuning.com has a very good deal on a Mustang V6 cai/tuner package and the price is only $449.00! His cai is very basic but works just a good as the much more expensive ones. I have been using this cai & tuner for about 2.5 years now and just love the way my car runs. Check out newtakeoff.com for all kinds of good stuff for our V6s.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:17 AM
Noodle23
2nd Gear Member

Has anyone tried out the racing stripe kits from American Muscle. If so how did they come out? And another thing, i know i must being getting annoying with all the questions, is there any dangers in the tuners.

Quick Reply: Just Got My 05 stang need to know what to do