Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HELP! what is the differance between silver metallic and satin silver?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 12:47 AM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

Default HELP! what is the differance between silver metallic and satin silver?!

i ordered some gt take off painted rocker panels, and i specified silver metallic and i got the invoice and it said satin silver, so i looked into is and some people referred to their car as being satin silver metallic... so is satin silver and silver metallic two completely different colors or practically the same exact thing....? thank you
Old 12-05-2009, 07:23 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

When your car is painted or you need a part painted, you have to know the code color. According to this chart, the two are different. Could be one has more metallic flakes than the other.

COLORS AVAILABLE FOR THE 2005-2010 MUSTANG:

UA - BLACK
D3 - COLORADO RED
P3 - WINDVEIL BLUE
D6 - SCREAMING YELLOW
HP - HIGH PERFORMANCE WHITE
P1 - LEGEND LIME METALLIC
SN - SONIC BLUE
TK - MINERAL GRAY
TL - SATIN SILVER
G2 - REDFIRE METALLIC
G9 - VISTA BLUE
T8 - Tungsten Grey

2007 Colors
U3 - Grabber Orange
G5 - Alloy Clearcoat Metallic

ZY- Vapor Silver Clearcoat Metallic
JV- Dark Candy Apple Red

UI- Brilliant Silver Clearcoat

Red Candy Metallic with tinted clearcoat (U6)
Kona Blue Metallic (L6)
Grabber Blue (C1)
Sunset Gold Metallic (GQ)
Sterling Grey Metallic (UJ)
Brilliant Silver Metallic (L1)
Black (UA)
Performance White (HP)
Torch Red (D3)

Satin Silver TL
2. Black UA
3. Torch Red D3
4. Screaming Yellow D6
5. Redfire G2
6. Perf. White HP
7. Legend Lime P1
8. Windveil Blue P3
9. Vista Blue G9
10. Tungsten Grey T8
11. Sonic Blue SN
12. Mineral Grey TK
13.Grabber Orange U3
14. Alloy G5
15.Candy Apple Red JV
16. Highland Green PX
17. Vapor Silver ZY
18. Silver Metallic YN
Old 12-05-2009, 07:29 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jesescord
This might not be the most adequate category for this question, but as dieting is a global pandemic, I was thinking that there will perhaps be some men or women in this forum, who have been on any diets at all. In case you have some familiarity whatsoever kindly share.

I am specially puzzled on what diet product to order, as there are so numerous choices in the market. The most recent hypes on Oprah similar to hoodia gordonii or bitter orange don't make this subject any easier. I really do not have an idea where to begin, should I get an exact diet program, schedule of exercises...All I do know is that an alteration is required. And this change needs to take place now.
Dude, are you sure you are in the right forums? The only weight loss we talk about here is making our cars lighter if you want to race them.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:50 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

This might not be the most adequate category for this question, but as dieting is a global pandemic, I was thinking that there will perhaps be some men or women in this forum, who have been on any diets at all. In case you have some familiarity whatsoever kindly share.

I am specially puzzled on what diet product to order, as there are so numerous choices in the market. The most recent hypes on Oprah similar to hoodia gordonii or bitter orange don't make this subject any easier. I really do not have an idea where to begin, should I get an exact diet program, schedule of exercises...All I do know is that an alteration is required. And this change needs to take place now.
You must have drank some of that Silver metallic...
Too bad you can't post in the Off Topic section yet, I would love to see the answers they'd give you, lol.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:25 AM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
When your car is painted or you need a part painted, you have to know the code color. According to this chart, the two are different. Could be one has more metallic flakes than the other.
Ya i am taking it the silver metallic has more of the flakes in it...
Old 12-05-2009, 10:30 AM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

stick your finger down your throat and BAM you will look beautiful
Old 12-05-2009, 11:39 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 08blackoutstang
Ya i am taking it the silver metallic has more of the flakes in it...
Yeah I think the blue in Sonic and Vista are the same with only the clear coats being different. Sonic has a Pearl Clear Coat where as Vista is just a clear coat. That's why on a Sonic Mustang it appears to look purple sometimes.