Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Stock GT takeoff mufflers on a V6?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 10:00 PM
Jim Smyth
1st Gear Member

Default Stock GT takeoff mufflers on a V6?

Anyone go to a dual exhaust using the stock takeoff GT mufflers I have been seeing on Ebay? I would have the piping done by the local muffler shop using the takeoff GT mufflers that are being sold in a package deal. Obviously with the V6 I am not looking for more preformance per say, I just like the look of the dual exhaust and am trying to improve a little on the sound. I have been toying with the idea for a while and just wondering what else you would need to do if I went that route. Would you need to reflash the computor? Would there not be enough back pressure etc? TIA
Old 07-19-2005, 10:35 PM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Stock GT takeoff mufflers on a V6?

What are they going for on ebay? I just took mine off, and would be willing to sell them!
Old 07-20-2005, 10:45 AM
huffhuff
2nd Gear Member

all you need to do is install them. the computer doesn't need anything done. back pressure isn't an issue like on a high rev 4 cylinder. i had the "Y" pipe cut out of mine and had true duals made without a balance tube. the sound is killer but i used dynomax mufflers.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:35 PM
TorchRedBeauty
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: STANMAN

What are they going for on ebay? I just took mine off, and would be willing to sell them!
It doesn't look like they are going for much. I just did a search for completed listings on ebay and they are selling for $40 - $60 dollars.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jim Smyth

Anyone go to a dual exhaust using the stock takeoff GT mufflers I have been seeing on Ebay?
Yes, here's a how-to thread:

https://mustangforums.com/m_555524/m.../tm.htm#555536
Old 07-20-2005, 07:21 PM
Jim Smyth
1st Gear Member

Great link TW! Pics were a good touch too. I am surprissed to hear that the front bumper isnt an exact match with reguards to the wheel wells but Ford doesnt want to make anything easy for the mods thats for sure! If you dont mind me asking, did the back GT cover go right on with no changes needed? TIA, Jim
Old 07-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Hey Jim,

The rear fascia is the stock V6 fascia, I just cut a notch in it as outlined in the first few pics. I got the mufflers from Casco on eBay, same guy you were talking about above. I picked up the left side muffler brackets (stock GT brackets) from Kevin at Clevenger Ford. The muffler shop did the rest
Old 07-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Jim Smyth
1st Gear Member

Thanks Tres, I may have a deal going for a GT bumper in my color. If it doesnt go through I will just notch mine out too. I am thinking of having the muffler guys doing my exhaust too since I dont have a lift and probably couldnt get it jacked up high enough to get the pipes out. Outerwsie it wouldnt be a problem since the bolts are still looking new and not rusted on. Thanks for the links, good pictures.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:37 PM
GIDDEUP
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright
I picked up the left side muffler brackets (stock GT brackets) from Kevin at Clevenger Ford.
About how much were those brackets from Kevin?

Another thing just don't try to buy the passenger muffler from Ford. Called them today and they wanted $256 just for the one GT muffler. I laughed at the guy on the phone and said thanks for your time.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:08 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Here is the latest price list from Kevin:

07/18/05 2005 Mustang V6 Conversion Pieces
Ups Charges apply! No Tax out of Ca.{ NOTE!!!! Due to the Large Odd Size of these! UPS is High Average $20.00}

V6 to Gt Front Bumper Conversion incedentials
1.Rt Splash Shield $11.07
2.Lt Splash Shied $8.67
3.Bumper to frame Splash Shield $ 21.33 V6 Does not have a shield like this! Wil need with Gt Bumper
4.Splash Shield Screws $8.80 2pkgs of 4
5.Frame inserts $4.64 come in pkg of 4
6.Bumper Foam Filler $ 4.29
7.Gt Foglamp Wiring Pigtails $27.92 Pair Needed to plug into Gt Lamps!!!
http://crashparts.cascocompany.net/ I reccomend Mike at Casco For Take off Bumper Covers and Grilles. ROUSH TAKE OFFS
8. GT Grille $67.67 V6 Grille will not fit Very Well NOT NEEDEED WITH CASCO
9. Gt Foglamps $ 78.82 ea.NOT NEEDED WITH CASCO
10. Rear Bumper Push Pins 5.91 ea Ea Get a couple! V6 uses 2 V8 uses 3 {10 and 11were reversed in previous list}07/18/15
11. Front Splash Push Pins $62 ea. Get a couple! May Break when removed on old shield
12. Rocker Panel Clips .98Ea Get 16 I have been Told These Break on R/R!
13 Gt Mufler Hangers $38.08 ea. Need Two! If converting to Duals!

2006 Mustang Parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. 2006 v6 Pony Package Lower Grill $58.81 AVAILABLE
2. 2006 Pony Package Grill Complete less Foglamps. NOT AVAILABLE YET No Pricing yet!
3. 06 Pony Package Emblems $12.19 ea. Rt/LT, IN STOCK
4. 06 Pony Foglamps $46.91 ea. AVAILABLE
5. 2006 18x8.5 FanBlades Suggested Retail $1250.00+ Tax TMS Price $971.20, Shipping Approx $120.00 Double Boxed!! NO Tax out of Ca. These are Very Limited in Supply!!!!!! The First Six People to Order will have a Short Wait! I do Not Believe Ford Was supposed to Release These Yet! They May Stop Sale After word Gets Out! FYI !!
Also These wheels will Have a Core Charge on Them at Some Point! Ford Is Trying To Keep The Wheel Repair Busness at By by Controlling Cores! But There is no Core at the Moment 07/14/05
To Order Call 1-800-570-5554 m-f P.S.T. Ask for Kevin
clevparts@aol.com

Genuine Ford Parts and accessories for all Ford Lincoln Mercury Products.
PLEASE{ DO NOT POST} THIS ON WEB!!!

Thank You!
Kevin Casey
05stangkc
Parts Manager
Clevenger Ford Lincoln Mercury

Quick Reply: Stock GT takeoff mufflers on a V6?