Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

"All Out" Tune for my 2010 V6

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 10:26 PM
7up
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by discodave
My car is an automatic, which is why I said that it shifts so smoothly now and kind of pulls me into each gear. With a stick, you guys have control over that already.

The tune I had before was one that was preloaded onto my tuner when I got it from demolet.com. ... Don't get me wrong, the tune from demolet was good, but this one ROCKS!

Thanks for clarifying

Yeah, the consensus is that the closer you get a human involved in tuning your specific car, the better the results.

Although if your car is (basically) bone stock, a canned tune could help some. Then again, on a dyno every car -- even with the same innards -- behaves a bit differently. So there's the delta factor.

Anyway, I'm glad the issues you had getting it installed have been resolved; sounds like you're one happy camper!

Last edited by 7up; 12-18-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:55 PM
chrisverneuil19
1st Gear Member

Alright, I got the "All Out" 93 Performance tune loaded from tillmanspeed today..... and all I can say is Holy Crap (would rather have used a different word there)!!!!

I had a performance tune loaded already but it was from a different place, probably more of a canned performance tune. The old tune was ten times better than stock, and this tune is ten times better than the other tune I had.

Guys and gals, this is money well spent! I recently had 4.10 gears installed also and could feel a big difference with the new gears and my old tune. But now, man, it's amazing. I didn't know a car could shift so smoothly and effortlessly. Every gear, when it catches, seems to pull you forward.... every gear.

It's so damn fun to drive and I know I'll never go with another tune again. Going from this tune back to stock would be like ...... well...... driving a stock V6, but you get the idea
Jezz Thanks dave. Gotta bash on the guys that cant afford a GT
Old 12-19-2009, 02:19 AM
gipht1
2nd Gear Member

I was actually tried buying the cai/tuner combo from tillman since thursday but no luck! I couldn't get a hold of CR to get the final pricing and to set up the order. Now I gotta wait for monday to try again if that doesn't work then I must look elsewhere...
Old 12-19-2009, 11:23 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chrisverneuil19
Jezz Thanks dave. Gotta bash on the guys that cant afford a GT
Hey Chris, I wasn't bashing at all. I have a V6 too (check my sig.). I'm just saying that the bone stock V6 drives very sluggish compared to where I am now after all of my mods (CAI, exhaust, tune, gears, t-lock, etc). I'm not doggin' the V6's at all. I wouldn't trade mine!
Old 12-19-2009, 12:03 PM
7up
2nd Gear Member

discodave: Reason I asked about transmission type was that, if I could ever convince the 'the OTHER party in my life" to drive a manual, I'd do it.

But I have, and she's vehemently opposed to learning.

So I was very curious as to how these tunes perform on automatics. Yeah, reading 3rd hand reviews of how it does is one thing; but your review was, ummm, from the heart. I'd no doubt be driving it -- if not just for fun -- so I wanted to get some real-life feedback on an A/T + tune.

Now all that is left is the need to convince her that a new Mustang is in order, and that she should drop her SUV. :=\

Ahh, what warm thoughts & feelings: a 2 Mustang family.

Last edited by 7up; 12-19-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:42 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Alright, I got the "All Out" 93 Performance tune loaded from tillmanspeed today..... and all I can say is Holy Crap (would rather have used a different word there)!!!!

I had a performance tune loaded already but it was from a different place, probably more of a canned performance tune. The old tune was ten times better than stock, and this tune is ten times better than the other tune I had.

Guys and gals, this is money well spent! I recently had 4.10 gears installed also and could feel a big difference with the new gears and my old tune. But now, man, it's amazing. I didn't know a car could shift so smoothly and effortlessly. Every gear, when it catches, seems to pull you forward.... every gear.

It's so damn fun to drive and I know I'll never go with another tune again. Going from this tune back to stock would be like ...... well...... driving a stock V6, but you get the idea
I agree competely Dave. Glad to hear it's just as impressive on the sixers.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:22 AM
chrisverneuil19
1st Gear Member

Hey Chris, I wasn't bashing at all. I have a V6 too (check my sig.). I'm just saying that the bone stock V6 drives very sluggish compared to where I am now after all of my mods (CAI, exhaust, tune, gears, t-lock, etc). I'm not doggin' the V6's at all. I wouldn't trade mine!
Yaa, I think i missed that by a long shot. I went and got a 93 Performance tune from Bama, and WOW shiz is awsome. Transmission isnt "smooth" when shifting feels like a manuel when u dump the clutch.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:12 AM
gipht1
2nd Gear Member

ordered my combo monday, hope it gets here before new years..