Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Snow covered Stang!

Old 01-30-2010, 12:57 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default Snow covered Stang!

It's sad that right now my pony has to sit outside until our other garage is built, but I do keep a car cover on it. That's my hubby brushing snow off of our truck.
It is very rare that we get this much snow around here. Last time was 1989.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:32 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Love the snow when its fallling..............I grew up in Newport News. I remember a few good storms as a kid. My mom sent me pics of the 89 storm, it was a good one. Nice pic!!

patrick
Old 01-30-2010, 02:58 PM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

Its pretty bad up here in blacksburg too but thank god for garages
Old 01-30-2010, 03:17 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Here is my car at around 10am:

And at around 4pm:

Still coming down pretty good
Old 01-30-2010, 05:37 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
Here is my car at around 10am:

And at around 4pm:

Still coming down pretty good
So far it's about 7-8" here and it's still coming down in spots.
We don't have enough snow plows here, so they only worry about the main roads. Forget about the residential areas, our roads are all white with few tire tracks.

This is my conversion van. The step runner is completely covered. These pictures were taken around noon, so add a couple of more inches to that;

My Daughter's Focus;

Old 01-30-2010, 05:46 PM
satur9poet
2nd Gear Member

Nice pics! Incredible weather you guys are having down south...I heard reports of over a foot of snow from Ark. to the Carolinas. INSANE. It hasn't snowed any significant amount in my neck of the woods in 2 weeks which is amazing if you're a Snow Belt resident. So now I'm crying about all the salt caked on my car and my inability to wash it due to single-digit temps...looks like another week and MAYBE I'll be able to!

Alkemist, how do you park IN THE STREET and still maintain some semblance of sanity?!? I'd be tearing my hair out worrying about some drunk idiot careening into my baby in the middle of the night!
Old 01-30-2010, 06:22 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by satur9poet
Nice pics! Incredible weather you guys are having down south...I heard reports of over a foot of snow from Ark. to the Carolinas. INSANE. It hasn't snowed any significant amount in my neck of the woods in 2 weeks which is amazing if you're a Snow Belt resident. So now I'm crying about all the salt caked on my car and my inability to wash it due to single-digit temps...looks like another week and MAYBE I'll be able to!

Alkemist, how do you park IN THE STREET and still maintain some semblance of sanity?!? I'd be tearing my hair out worrying about some drunk idiot careening into my baby in the middle of the night!
I just started parking in the street as of.. last night. I am actually pretty worried lol. We're the first house on the street too, and the last thing I need is to have some drunk speeding around the corner... into my stang. I park it on the other side further from the street entrance, but it will be for a few months only before I can stop worrying
Old 01-30-2010, 06:26 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
So far it's about 7-8" here and it's still coming down in spots.
We don't have enough snow plows here, so they only worry about the main roads. Forget about the residential areas, our roads are all white with few tire tracks.

This is my conversion van. The step runner is completely covered. These pictures were taken around noon, so add a couple of more inches to that;
They are terrible up here in Maryland too. They didn't pre-treat the roads.. again!! Not enough trucks, they hardly even plowed the main roads, and I saw a few broken down plow trucks along the way. I had to go out with my mom, thankfully not with the mustang, but was driving the SUV and it was still bad. I thought 495 highway would of been cleaned off first, but it was a mistake. I drove that thing as if I was driving my mustang in the snow LOL. slow slow slow
Old 01-30-2010, 06:52 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

We got 4-5 inches here in Northern VA, I rent the upper 2 floors of my house giving the tenants the driveway(their paying my mortgage) so I park in the street, it is nerve racking leaving her in the street. I get drunk so I can sleep, and not worry about some drunk destroying my baby. LOL
Old 01-30-2010, 07:05 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by conejo172
I get drunk so I can sleep, and not worry about some drunk destroying my baby. LOL
+1

That helps quite a bit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Snow covered Stang!