Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just Pre-Ordered the 'last' X-Charger X-treme

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 03:55 PM
replica
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
I am near the new side of Pearland (288). I have messed around with some of my friends who have GT's, but never lined up. One of these days we want to get a group to rent the track for the day, then I will run. You should join up with us when we do that. It will be about $300 a person, but unlimited runs all day long.
HRP is open on fridays. I went like two weeks ago. Fun stuff. We can make a "Stock GT VS X-charger" video.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:05 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by replica
HRP is open on fridays. I went like two weeks ago. Fun stuff. We can make a "Stock GT VS X-charger" video.
Really hard for me to get to HRP on a Friday, I work near Katy. Last time I did that took FOREVER. I heard they have open track on Sunday's? That would work better for me, but I never looked into it.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:54 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

they have an open track on sundays?
its not listed on their schedule i just noticed the friday night safe nights or whatever
Old 02-01-2010, 09:36 PM
up_yours_7
3rd Gear Member

So how much exactly is the kit total with the intercooler a complete total I am getting
10k from taxes for getting married buying a house and having a kid and i need a full total
Old 02-02-2010, 07:54 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

tigercrazy - That is what someone told me... I am not sure.

up_yours_7 - Contact Dave at explorerexpress, he can give you definite numbers, but it will be right around $5600 I think.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
Here is a shot of the dash with the gauges lit

That is beautiful!! Did that sticker come with the kit? Your dash looks great...and I need to do something to jazz up the plain blackness I have going on there.

How hard is it to run cabling thru the hvac vents? I'm pretty sure I'll be placing my two Interceptor gauges where you have yours mounted up...but I know with the Interceptors you have to run a couple extra analog cables to get readings on some of the important things.

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
I dunno, I like my a-pillar setup a lot. Here are some pics.

I thought about the whole A pillar set up...but I just installed my audio system and my tweets are mounted there. I think it would look too busy...yours looks great tho

To those with the Interceptor gauges....does the included plug that connects to the OBDII connection allow for plugging something in while the gauge is connected(a tuner), or do you have to disconnect the gauge? I also read that when you run two the second gauge has limited function...is that true?

Last edited by Topless Stang; 02-02-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

The serial # plaque comes with each X-Charger kit
Old 02-02-2010, 06:04 PM
JimC

The wiring is really easy on the Roush pod set up. If there isn't quite enough room for the wires (or the boost line) then you only need to open it up a little bit and they tell you in the installation instructions. I just used a drill (forget the size of the bit I used) to open a slot by drilling at an angle and the boost line fit right in without pinching.

I can't answer your question on the Interceptor gauge and OBD. I looked at those but got a great deal on my set up so went with that. To get AFR on the Interceptor you will need to buy an extra kit for it that goes into a bung you have to weld to your exhaust. It won't read AFR out of the box.

And like Torch Vert said, you will get the Xcharger serial numbered plaque with yours. It just sticks to the dash.