Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Had my 3DCarbon chin spoiler ripped off, need some help

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Bails
2nd Gear Member

Default Had my 3DCarbon chin spoiler ripped off, need some help

So basically over the weekend my chin spoiler got ripped off cause my roommates car ran out of gas and I had to go pick him up, with ice on the roads and while it was snowing... at 2 am. I had never driven through where he was so he was giving me directions and pointed me down what he called a street. "There's tracks through the snow, it's a street" he said. Turns out it's not a street but a field that's been destroyed. I hit a huge pile of snow, ice, and mud and end up stuck in 5 inches of the mud. I got out to look at my car and everything was fine, except my chin spoiler was off and buried in the mud under my car. Needless to say I wasn't too happy.

Luckily I was able to call Ford roadside assistance and they sent some local tow company and got me out of the mud. Now the chin appears to actually be in pretty good shape still, not cracked or anything and the brackets are still in place somehow. But I didn't install it myself because my neighbor did it for free while fixing some scratches left by a coworker so I have no idea how it was actually attached. Does anyone have some tips for putting it back on or would it even be possible?

I'm going to try to get some pics of the chin spoiler up tomorrow if I can find my camera charger.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:29 AM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

This is all I could find on it, Scroll down you'll see how its installed. Seems like any other chin, 3M doubles sided tape and the screws in the front wheel wells

Install
Old 02-03-2010, 03:44 PM
Bails
2nd Gear Member

Thanks that's exactly what I needed.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:56 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

Glad you got what you needed. Just wanted to say I love your car Bails (i think i've told you that more than once already lol) I've wanted to do almost identical mods after I saw your car. That hood is what I'm REALLY jealous of :P
Old 02-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Bails
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by basketballord
Glad you got what you needed. Just wanted to say I love your car Bails (i think i've told you that more than once already lol) I've wanted to do almost identical mods after I saw your car. That hood is what I'm REALLY jealous of :P
Thanks, unfortunately I don't think she will ever be the same. My front bumper looks worse than I originally thought now that I've finally had a day of decent weather to really look at it. There's a small strip along the bottom that is just hanging so I'm not really sure what to do about that. Hopefully if I can get the chin spoiler back on it'll be able to hold it up or something.