Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Man.. this sucks..

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Default Man.. this sucks..

Recently I sold my JLT Intake and bought myself a C&L Intake system because of the awesome things I've heard when tuned from Bamachips. Well, seems like I was a bit too late..

The intake has been sitting in my garage for about three weeks, just waiting on a tune. I ordered a tune from bama when I got my intake but didn't receive the invoice to pay yet. I know the guy is backed up and I'm fine with that, I'm in no hurry.

But, to my horror, I logged onto the site this past week to see his whole website is down. I can't even log in to see my order. After some research I read what happened to bama and the whole paypal fiasco. Looks like he is officially out of business now (I hope not ).

I know there are other great tuning companies out there, but none are as great as bama's tunes. I have tried brenspeed it the past, but it wasn't the same. If you ever had a tune from Bama you know what I am talking about.

So my loss will be someone's gain.. deciding to sell the intake so I can go back to my old setup. I posted a classified ad in the parts section for $210 shipped.

To sum it up: Sold my JLT Intake (which I only got half of retail for), paid $300 for a new C&L intake, now can't even get a tune for my C&L, so now I am selling the C&L for $100 off retail so I can go back to my old setup.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:24 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

That sucks man sorry to hear, Id be disappointed. Happens to the best of us.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:13 AM
MythEyeLess
3rd Gear Member

idk man the website seems to be up to me

Hello and welcome to BamaChips.

We have suspended our parts sales for a few days in order to catch up on our current orders and emails. Please don't worry, we are still in business and still shipping orders in the order they are placed. We feel this is the best way to handle our current customer orders and emails and to catch up from the holidays and the orders we have pending. You may still contact us using our contacts page to find out any order status and/or tech support questions you may have.
Thank you,
Doug
Tune files can be ordered!

gl anyways
Old 03-01-2010, 01:25 AM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Try logging in, it give this:

Old 03-01-2010, 01:29 AM
dopedc
1st Gear Member

he got hacked or is missing a file in his host server thats what happends when u use a site with php ect
Old 03-01-2010, 10:49 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

looks like a glitch in the code, i would expect it to get fixed soon
Old 03-01-2010, 10:59 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Either that or he removed all the products from his page so no one could accidentally buy one when he isn't accepting orders.

Instead of selling your CAI's you could order a tune from Brenspeed or another tuner.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Jebmustangv6
2nd Gear Member

why not try a VMP tune for the new intake never know might surprise you?
Old 03-01-2010, 12:05 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

Try VMP! I went to Justin's shop last Wednesday to get a tune for my new FRPP 85mm cai and ran my best time ever(14.55)on Friday night. I have been using VMPs tunes since 07 and my car runs VERY STRONG! Why wait? VMPs tunes are as good if not better then any other tuners.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:36 PM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

I think you're better off moneywise if you just get a tune for the C&L that you have now.

Having had both Bamachips and Brenspeed tunes, I can say that they're not all THAT different: certainly not enough to lose hundreds of dollars over.

A brenspeed tune is like what: $50? Just get a new tune for your C&L!

Quick Reply: Man.. this sucks..