Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dual Flowmaster 40s - Sound Clip

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 07:29 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Default Dual Flowmaster 40s - Sound Clip

Since I've gotten so many comments on my duals, I finally got off my *** and took a video/sound clip.

Sorry about the clanking in the background, it was the stupid dog going crazy after I started the car.

Link to Video

Old 07-28-2005, 08:21 PM
haledixon

Default RE: Dual Flowmaster 40s - Sound Clip

sounds great. what kind of tips do you have? ive got my mufflers sitting in my living room and just got the tips in today... the muffler is 2.5" and the tips were supposed to bolt on from 2.5-3", but they don't fit over the end, just butt flush up against the muffler.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:45 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Sounds and looks great!!
Old 07-29-2005, 12:28 AM
freakatthewheel
1st Gear Member

very nice... i wanna get that!
Old 07-29-2005, 03:12 AM
kingstrunner

That sounds awesome. I also had the same work done to my 2005 Mustang V6---I'd like to give a plug to Tri-Valley Mufflers in Dublin, CA. Tri-Valley does great work and they installed a Flowmaster 40 dualie system on my Mustang. I am NOT the owner of Tri-Valley, just a customer. So for all you Northern CA riders, here's a place to check out.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:22 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

I just called Meineke to see what kind of tips they are. They're a brand that is only supplied through Meineke.... They're 2 1/4" to match the rest of the system.

ORIGINAL: haledixon

sounds great. what kind of tips do you have? ive got my mufflers sitting in my living room and just got the tips in today... the muffler is 2.5" and the tips were supposed to bolt on from 2.5-3", but they don't fit over the end, just butt flush up against the muffler.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:14 AM
stangfreak2
2nd Gear Member

how is the exhaust built, is it a y pipe to dual mufflers or what? a pic of the underside would be nice...and did you just have it custom built or what?
Old 08-07-2005, 02:30 AM
stangfreak2
2nd Gear Member

what version of the 40's did yall use? was it the original, super or delta flow? im thinkin about doin the same thing...how much did it cost to have done (without the cost of the mufflers) and was it cat-back or did you go infront of the cats
Old 08-07-2005, 02:51 AM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Pics are in this thread: https://mustangforums.com/m_573138/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

ORIGINAL: stangfreak2

how is the exhaust built, is it a y pipe to dual mufflers or what? a pic of the underside would be nice...and did you just have it custom built or what?
Old 08-07-2005, 02:53 AM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

I went with standard 40's. I would've gotten the Super40's, but I was impatient, and they had the regular ones in stock.

I paid $480 for the system, including tips and mufflers. I ended up going back and paying another $60 for the H-pipe (well worth it).

As for your last question, check the link above.

ORIGINAL: stangfreak2

what version of the 40's did yall use? was it the original, super or delta flow? im thinkin about doin the same thing...how much did it cost to have done (without the cost of the mufflers) and was it cat-back or did you go infront of the cats

Quick Reply: Dual Flowmaster 40s - Sound Clip