Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X-Men, take a look

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Default X-Men, take a look

I came across a (pretty nicely designed) advertising page for the "X" from Stage 3 Motorsports, even more surprising, it features a shot of my car as well as one of my dyno sheets.

http://www.mustangxcharger.com/

I mean I guess I don't mind, Dave Vanek's done right by me, and every "X" sold helps him, but it would have been nice if the Stage 3 guys had at least asked to use the images. I suspect a couple other X-Men may find a familiar looking engine bay too.

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 03-15-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Nice Pony
2nd Gear Member

To bad they are showing the prototype IC kit in the stand alone photos. The finished product is much better looking.

Last edited by Nice Pony; 03-15-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nice Pony
To bad they a showing the prototype IC kit in the stand alone photos. The finished product is much better looking.
True, I noticed that too. And what happens when someone asks for the version with the Ford Racing intake like mine?
Old 03-15-2010, 09:09 PM
heartinacage
3rd Gear Member

That's awesome. If I wasn't so set of the Paxton, i'd go for this.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:35 AM
dopedc
1st Gear Member

so sexy if i bought it would i need a new rear end or gears or anything?
Old 03-16-2010, 01:14 AM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

lol did u read the description

"The X-Charger uses the Eaton/Magnuson MP90 head unit which results in no off-the-line power everytime you step on the gas!

lol fail. but the page looks nice otherwise.

and torch, i'd feel the same as you... don't really mind, but it would have been nice if they would have simply asked first.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:13 AM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

lol I read that and thought something was wrong with it too, but assumed I was the one who didn't know what he was talking about haha. I figured maybe guys like on-the-line power now
Old 03-16-2010, 07:54 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I am a bit more pissy about it guys. I think you should send them a message or make a phone call. I agree with letting them use it, IF they would have asked permission.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:43 AM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

Yeah I agree with Oddysey. I should call to order and tell them that I want the Ford Racing intake setup, and see what they say lol.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Rjaniz

I'm with Oddysey as well. Using someones photo without their permission is a SERIOUS no-no in the Advertising World. It costs nothing to send you an email/pm/whatever asking you if you would mind. And worst case, if you had said "No" for some reason, they'd just have to find someone who'd say "Sure".

You signed no contract saying you would advertise for them? You paid full price for your xcharger? Paid for the rest of your expensive setup out of pocket? Paid to have it dyno'd? Then they shouldn't be allowed to use your hard work and money to make themselves more money while you get absolutely nothing out of it (not even a mention!).

I applaud your generous attitude toward this, but they've done right by you because they are in business to do so. You've been a champion for the X-Charger and are one of the primary reasons I've decided to get one this summer, and so you've done more than enough to help out this company. Thanks to this, though, I'm seriously considering passing on an X-Charger.

If they can't acknowledge those who keep them in business, or even the simple professional courtesy to obtain permission for your photos for promotional campaigns, I feel no reason to help them continue in any fashion.

Yes, I feel very strongly about this because I'm a Graphic Designer and I've had people steal my work.

Last edited by Rjaniz; 03-16-2010 at 09:57 AM.

Quick Reply: X-Men, take a look