Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

want a gt body but cant find one or know how to replace it!! help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 06:05 PM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

I just made my account today and i am not aloud to make a want to buy add. so if youd be willing to put one out on the classifieds for this website send me a message and id tell you what id like it to say, id really appreciate it and thanks for the painting info joshspony
Old 03-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2007bluestang
I just made my account today and i am not aloud to make a want to buy add. so if youd be willing to put one out on the classifieds for this website send me a message and id tell you what id like it to say, id really appreciate it and thanks for the painting info joshspony
Look on ebay, I was just looking around and there is some on there for sale.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

I don't know if this is the only mustang forum you are on, but I know there used to be a guy on the 4.0 collective (can I even mention this on MF? haha) named Paulboy2006 that would find bumpers for people.. just PM him and see if he is still active, then come back to MF, because its much better!

The swap is pretty straightforward, and if you use the HOW TO you can do it (especially if you have the right tools)

Here is the rear swap.. the front is around here somewhere..

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...r-bumpers.html
Old 03-18-2010, 01:13 PM
JackNutz

Just a thought, most exhaust shops can cut out where the exhaust is supposed to go. Ford parts.com has a template that you can print off and use. I am getting my dual exhaust done tomorrow by the same exhaust guy who does all of the Ford's dealerships exhaust work and he is a Mustang guy to top it off. When the new exhaust tips are put on they fill up the space and you can't tell. Then you don't have to worry about a paint match. Also, it might save you some money that you could use to pay for other modifications. Again, just a thought.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JackNutz
Just a thought, most exhaust shops can cut out where the exhaust is supposed to go.
Easy for you to say, Mr 2010, your bumper looks closer to the GTs than ours

I believe Pypes has the cutout template for the 2005-2009's

Its a good thought though, and plenty of people go this route, but you can only go so long before you end up doing the swap..

Before

After (not the best angle)
Old 03-18-2010, 02:25 PM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fred Malibu
Easy for you to say, Mr 2010, your bumper looks closer to the GTs than ours

I believe Pypes has the cutout template for the 2005-2009's

Its a good thought though, and plenty of people go this route, but you can only go so long before you end up doing the swap..

Before

After (not the best angle)
thanks man, thats prolly what im gunna do and as i was drivin yesterday i notcied there are absolutely NO mustangs that have body kits, few have wndow louvers like me, none have side scoops like mine, and im bout to buy a hoodscoop and maybe 3 people have a good scoop, but alot have gts so i might save up all summer cuz ill be able to work more and buy a really nice body kit so i dont look like every gt drivin around. i do like to stand out and be the center of the crowd haha
Old 03-18-2010, 02:27 PM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JackNutz
Just a thought, most exhaust shops can cut out where the exhaust is supposed to go. Ford parts.com has a template that you can print off and use. I am getting my dual exhaust done tomorrow by the same exhaust guy who does all of the Ford's dealerships exhaust work and he is a Mustang guy to top it off. When the new exhaust tips are put on they fill up the space and you can't tell. Then you don't have to worry about a paint match. Also, it might save you some money that you could use to pay for other modifications. Again, just a thought.
thanks and wht kinda exhaust you gettin? i mean it has to be true duals but like borla stingers or what?
Old 03-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

hey fred, those pictures look a lot nicer than the ones on the other thread!!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:20 PM
kc5mhb
2nd Gear Member

2007Bluestang, what city in Louisiana you live in? Brusly here.

Last edited by kc5mhb; 03-18-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:46 PM
JimC

I actually preferred the cut V6 bumper for my duals over the GT. I only got the GT because I was rear ended and it was cheaper to get the GT bumper and put it on myself, and then use the other guys's insurance money to paint my stripes. The Pypes template is easy to use, but make sure you set it to print "full size" and not shrink to fit on your printer or it will be off.

Before:

After:

Last edited by JimC; 03-18-2010 at 06:49 PM.

Quick Reply: want a gt body but cant find one or know how to replace it!! help!!