Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pony Package Emblem

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 12:36 AM
RichieCal
2nd Gear Member

Default Pony Package Emblem

I have a 06 with the pony package..I want to remove the pony package tri-bar emblems from the fender. My question is if I want to install the factory GT emblem, will the pins on the GT emblem line up with the holes that are going to be left on the fender when I remove the pony emblem?If anyone has done this install please let me know
Old 03-27-2010, 04:19 AM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

I'm sure I ain't gonna be the first or last to ask you this but, why would you wanna badge your car as a GT? I doubt many if anybody here has done so...
Old 03-27-2010, 07:23 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Guess he's looking to make a faux GT. He already has several posts on GT front and rear bumpers, and one on removing the rear medallion.
sad...
Old 03-27-2010, 08:34 AM
JimC

RichieCal - why don't you just go the whole way and put the Supersnake badges on your car while you are at it?

I see two Mustangs around here that are misbadged with GT badges. But then they didn't even bother to put dual exhaust on it so one simply has an empty hole on the driver side, and the other still has the stock V6 bumper with all the GT badges on it. Looks ridiculous.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:36 AM
RichieCal
2nd Gear Member

Gray Pony I'm looking at the pic of your car..Are those GT fog lights I see,guess what you don't own a GT either..are those Boss 302 stripes I see on your car, guess what you don't own a Boss 302..Is that at GT/CS rear bumper cover I see on your car in previous post,guess what you don't own a GT/CS. Look at your own car before you start to call me sad..I was just asking a question about a emblem, if you don't have an answer then mind your business
Old 03-27-2010, 08:41 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RichieCal
I have a 06 with the pony package..I want to remove the pony package tri-bar emblems from the fender. My question is if I want to install the factory GT emblem, will the pins on the GT emblem line up with the holes that are going to be left on the fender when I remove the pony emblem?If anyone has done this install please let me know
I agree with So_Cali on this one..... I'm a V6 owner and there's no way in hell I'd put a GT badge on my car. I understand that you may be going for a specific look, but I wouldn't go that route. Instead of using GT emblems, why not look for something custom and unique? Think of something else to put there if you don't like the Ponies. Trust me, someone will notice and they WILL call you out on it. You'll just end up having to explain yourself all the time and I'm pretty sure you don't want that hassle.

In my opinion, the GT emblems are boring anyway. I mean, it's two letters..... You don't need to look at those two letters on the side of someone's car to tell if it's a GT or not.

Be proud of the car you have. Make it original and it will look better than any car out there, GT or not.....

Originally Posted by So_Cali
I'm sure I ain't gonna be the first or last to ask you this but, why would you wanna badge your car as a GT? I doubt many if anybody here has done so...
Old 03-27-2010, 08:43 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

The holes are the same.
Do what you will as you paid for it and will have to drive it.
ps
the search function works well.....
Old 03-27-2010, 08:43 AM
vbrecken
1st Gear Member

I thought those badges were afixed with 3M tape. There are pins on the GT emblem?
Old 03-27-2010, 09:06 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RichieCal
Gray Pony I'm looking at the pic of your car..Are those GT fog lights I see,guess what you don't own a GT either..are those Boss 302 stripes I see on your car, guess what you don't own a Boss 302..Is that at GT/CS rear bumper cover I see on your car in previous post,guess what you don't own a GT/CS. Look at your own car before you start to call me sad..I was just asking a question about a emblem, if you don't have an answer then mind your business
Hey RichieCal..... The reason people get spun up on the side badging and rear badge is because those badges "identify" what model the car is..... If it says "GT" then that tells people that it's the GT, not the V6. I've found that GT owners have a certain "pride" in having a GT and don't like V6s posing as GTs. I don't necessarily agree with GT owners talking smack about V6s but some people are compensating, and that 4.6L engine is what makes them more of a man (that doesn't go for everyone, I know a few guys who are like that).

So, when adding other parts, like a GT grille, or GT bumpers, or even a GT500 fascia..... That is all fine and dandy as long as you don't "BADGE" your car as a GT or Cobra.... See what I mean? You could take everything that the cobra has, every part that's different and swap them out and make a complete clone.... But don't "BADGE" it as a Cobra. See what I'm getting at here?
Old 03-27-2010, 09:45 AM
RichieCal
2nd Gear Member

Disco Dave...Gray Pony was not only getting "Spun UP" on the badging, he was criticizing me about the rear bumper, and front as well. Now I'm pointing out he has done the same things to his car. Let him read my post and he can respond to me...Also JimC I did put a dual exhaust on when I changed the rear bumper to GT..and 157db thanx for letting me know the holes are the same, that's all that I was looking for in my 1st post, an answer to my question

Quick Reply: Pony Package Emblem