Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New SJB (Smart junction) box) for U.K.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 11:13 AM
bitofadarkhorse

Default New SJB (Smart junction) box) for U.K.

Hi All. Forgive me for my first post being a problem, but will send piccys and intro when car looks roadworthy. I have just brought a 2005 V6 Mustang,a car i have always wanted since a kid. Now when my car was first imported to the U.K. the car had to have its wiring altered to reconfigure lighting ,turn signals , Tail lights etc, to conform to usage on British roads. In the early years of 2005 these conversions were carried out whilst not fully understanding the wiring configurations associated with the sjb, consiquently overloading the unit and in a lot of cases rendering the sjb well and truly cooked. Now i know this problem does not really affect you guys apart from the water coming through the bukhead grommet and causing problems to the sjb. So to my problem, i need to buy a new sjb. I realise they are not cheap but hopefully not as expensive as in the Uk. My main query is if i brought a new sjb from a U.S Ford dealer, or if anybody knows of any other source. Would the unit be supplied as a blank unit, and i would have to get a U.S ford dealer to download from my vin number information to the new sjb to allow immobiliser , ign keys to function when the new unit is fitted back home in the UK. I am hoping one of you may just be able to help as the sunny weather is fast approaching, and i am running out of solutions. Thankyou once again Steve
Old 04-16-2010, 11:27 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Check out this site....I think this is what you are looking for?

It's the first one;

http://www.varsityfordparts.com/catalog.htm
Old 04-16-2010, 01:11 PM
bitofadarkhorse

Many thanks Sandy. info was very helpful. I have contacted Varsity ford, who stock the new sjb at very good price .However they said i would have to as i thought have my old sjb unit to download info on to Fords computer, then on to the new sjb. Hmm. I think will try Ford uk to see if they have the Mustang software to download for me. I was hoping i could supply my vin to Ford U.S. and they would hold the cars origional download details from the vin. The only other alternative is to ship my old sjb to Varsity Ford. Times like this i wished i lived in the U.S. Cheers all
Old 04-16-2010, 05:14 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Well, when you get the new SJB, I can answer any questions you might have
about functionallity...